Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone, id just like a bit of advice. Im currently studying a foundation degree and it is my final year id like to go onto my third year but student fiancé has put a hold on that. I start the course 2011, two days after I had been married. This caused a problem with SFE and took months to change my name. I hadn't received funding until the January and not long after this I had gave birth to my daughter. it was then I had applied for all grants including, childcare grant, adults dependent grant (as my husband was on a low income) parents learning and also a special support grant (I have a disability). after a while I had received my grants. when it come to applying the following year (2012-2013) it was another fight. after a while my application had been assessed and all payment were in place. December 2012 I had noticed that all my grants had been removed. I had then gone to get help from a financial adviser and it had gone to far and I needed to support my daughter. once I had received advice I had rang student finance for them to tell me I needed to provide evidence AGAIN, it had got to feb and I still hadn't herd anything so resulted in me ringing them again for them to tell me I had yet to send my tenancy agreement again to prove I was paying rent before the course, however this was not the case I had moved in after this and didn't not apply to any grants until January...This has resulted in a large overpayment because of SFE mistake and I still have not received any payments and now have gone to the local MP to help sort this as this is not my fault it was their mistake therefore I am fighting for them to drop the overpayment and give me the grants originally awarded. Can someone please tell me if im wasting my time?!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.