The Student Room Group

May not get a PGCE place this year, though passed my English QTS

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this. I had an interview at my first choice of uni (Exeter) and after taking so long in contacting me, they decided to reject me and send me on to my next choice. As that choice was completely full, they sent me off to my third choice who also rejected me. I'm now awaiting to hear back from my last choice, but being this late in the application process, it's likely I won't get a place this year. About 2 days ago, I took my QTS skills test in English and passed. I have yet to complete my maths one, which is next week. As I may not get a place, would it be worth continuing to take my maths one? Also, if I reapply again for the PGCE, will I need to resit the English test again next year (and pay a £19 fine) even though I passed?

Sorry for the long question!!
Reply 1
I think they are valid for 2 years :smile:
I hope so! I'd be so relieved if it was- the only thing is I'm really unsure if it's worth attempting the Maths- at the end of the day I'm really struggling to prepare for it and answer the questions on time. I don't think I'll tackle it in only a few days!!
Reply 3
http://www.worcester.ac.uk/discover/professional-skills-test.html

It says there that they are valid for two years, but I am struggling to find it on the education.gov website.
Reply 4
They are valid for 36 months.
2 years or 36 months??
Original post by arsenalworks
2 years or 36 months??

Valid for 3 years, and if you enrol onto an ITT course in this time, the results are valid indefinitely.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending