Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Teaching English in Chelyabinsk, Russia? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xJessx)
    I've lived in Spain and Germany but I've never been to Russia before and I don't speak Russian although I've started and I already know quite a bit of the Cyrillic alphabet. The language is so beautiful and the culture appeals to me more than Korean culture and it's true what you say about foreigners here although that's our fault for not learning Korean I suppose
    how do you plan to teach English to Russian people if you don't speak Russian :s surely you have be fluent in both languages to teach English

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CameronHayward)
    how do you plan to teach English to Russian people if you don't speak Russian :s surely you have be fluent in both languages to teach English
    The vast majority of the students, especially adults, already know enough to understand instructions and things like 'verb, noun, adjective etc'. The only students I have who don't know anything are very young children and we do very basic stuff like 'Hello, what's your name? My name is...' through song and dance so it's usually fine but it does help to know a little. Hopefully, my Russian classes will start soon

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.