Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    When I had my interview I felt like the interview was more about finding out about my personality than anything else, for example how I would speak with someone diagnosed with cancer etc etc

ReputationRep:
    Yh it's the PGD Radiotherapy and oncology in practice for sep 2014 entry..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank u sholder90 .. Eem how did you feel about the event and what kind of activities did you have to do? .. On the website they say there's is a tour and a talk and interview for 15 mins and also chance to talk to existing students ... Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We had a bit of talk going over the the course content and general stuff like that. When we were sat waiting for our interview there were current students and staff dotted about answering questions.

The interview bit is done with a member of staff and a representative of one of the placement hospitals, mine was quite a relaxed interview, I found it easy to have a conversation with them.

I didn't have a tour round but could have done they will show you round if you wanted to, hope this helps and good luck

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for that really helps .. Wish me luck guys xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My interview was pretty much the same as what has already been mentioned. It was very informal, more of a chat really, and I felt relaxed as soon as we started. I was asked about my previous degree and work experience and i tried to link it in to radiotherapy. I had the course leader (Heather) and a radiotherapist currently working in the NHS interviewing me. After my interview, I had a tour and also a 30 minute talk about SHU and what grades you need to get on course, what the course entails, grants etc. I found attending it very useful. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you guys, that really helped and put me at ease.. Really appreciate it xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popo23)
    Does this apply to all other universities which have this course (e.g. london soutbank university and university of liverpool)?
    Got no idea. Its from our local (Sheffield) health authority so it could be different for each authority. Have you asked the admissions person for your course?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if we get reimbursed for travel expenses when we're on placement? (for the PGDip) x

ReputationRep:
    No I don't think we do because we get the money each month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RabidKitten)
    Got no idea. Its from our local (Sheffield) health authority so it could be different for each authority. Have you asked the admissions person for your course?
    I don't think any other Uni is offering anything which comes close to 14 grand.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea when we find out about placement we start in 8 weeks. Hope everyone is well

Sam

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've been told that placements will be allocated the week on Aug 19th so not too much longer!! Where are you hoping for?

Christina

ReputationRep:
    I want put Leeds as my first choice. If it's not there then I am really not that bothered, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting this September, but not the PHdip, I'll be starting the BSc hons. Nervous and excited.
    Hope to see some others doing the BSc on pre course day 12th September.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping for James Cook or the Freeman as it means I can commute from home! Fingers crossed! I think the pre-course day on the 12th is for both undergrad and postgrad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christina91)
    I'm hoping for James Cook or the Freeman as it means I can commute from home! Fingers crossed! I think the pre-course day on the 12th is for both undergrad and postgrad!
    Yes it must be, cos I'm undergrad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popo23)
    I don't think any other Uni is offering anything which comes close to 14 grand.
    Hi, I am hoping to start the PgDip next year. I am not aware of the 14 grand funding option. I thought its just the NHS bursary which students are eligible to apply for. Does everyone on the PgDip course get the 14 grand funding? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by X-sen gishi)
    Hi, I am hoping to start the PgDip next year. I am not aware of the 14 grand funding option. I thought its just the NHS bursary which students are eligible to apply for. Does everyone on the PgDip course get the 14 grand funding? Thanks
    I am also considering applying to Pgdip next year. I have asked Liverpool University and London Southbank University and they don't offer 14 grand funding. The only funding I am aware of is the NHS bursary. A couple of people on this thread seem to be giving this figure but I couldn't find anywhere else but here. 14 grand just seems far too much; there are cancer research scholarships that don't even offer anything close to this, which makes me doubt this figure.

Can anyone who has applied and has been accepted to Sheffield Hallam, please explain where this figure comes from?

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea why we get the 14k, when I asked about funding when I applied, they said it was more of a working grant. We don't apply for it the university do all aspects of the finance we just give bank details when we enrol.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 27, 2015
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.