Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
I got the email from admissions about the money on the 21st of June
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Original post by RabidKitten
Hi, I heard last Thursday about placement. Have you heard yet? I got my first choice so really happy :-) No welcome pack though yet!

I still haven't heard anything yet :frown: How did you find out?

Original post by sholder90
Got an email this morning about the online enrolment. When do we need to sort out a place to live I have no idea what is going on if we have a placement that is a long distance away. We will need a place in sheffield and a place away. Can anyone shed any light?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't even heard about online enrolment yet can't believe it is taking so long to find out about the placement! I am going to stay with family who live about an hour away from Sheffield for a couple of weeks until I can find somewhere to live wherever my placement is. It's so late to organise everything especially as I live so far away.
Reply 122
I have a few mates I will be able to stay with as I did my degree at Hallam, I have some family member in the area aswell my mum and live in Manchester so it's only an hour and 15 mins away on clear roads

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone *not* got the enrollment email yet? Still waiting for one :frown:
Reply 124
If you have any particular concerns about your enrolment, or problems with the process, please contact us at [email protected]

Here is a cut of the email I got so you can contact them :-D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RabidKitten
Anyone *not* got the enrollment email yet? Still waiting for one :frown:

I haven't got the email yet either :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you have any particular concerns about your enrolment, or problems with the process, please contact us at [email protected]

Here is a cut of the email I got so you can contact them :-D

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 127
I got Leeds for my placement

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 128
I am thinking of applying to Sheffield. I have a a few questions. Almost all of the placements seem to be quite far from Sheffield. Would it not be costly to continuously go back and forth or is the academic calendar split into an academic block and clinical block? What does the academic year look like in general, do you get any breaks?
Reply 129
It's split into blocks of academic and placement.
Reply 130
I got my first choice for placement which is James Cook hospital Middlesbrough, has everyone else found out where they will be placed? X
I got Leeds for my placement

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by JAC12
I got my first choice for placement which is James Cook hospital Middlesbrough, has everyone else found out where they will be placed? X

Hope did u find out? Did you get an email or letter...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got placement at The Freeman, Newcastle! Letter is dated 29th Aug so I'm guessing it will be with you shortly! X
It's split into blocks of academic and placement.

Have you got the actual timetable? Or has anyone received/seen the actual timetable for this year?
There's 6 weeks academic at sheffield, then placement, followed by another 6 weeks academic straight after Christmas, then placement again until September. There are study weeks, holidays and a reading week throughout the year as well x
Original post by Christina91
There's 6 weeks academic at sheffield, then placement, followed by another 6 weeks academic straight after Christmas, then placement again until September. There are study weeks, holidays and a reading week throughout the year as well x

Thanks. Do you know how many days we will have the lectures per week during the academic blocks?
Is our pre course day on Thursday actually our enrolment event too?

Also, I got the course info through the post the end of last week and it says our course induction is on Monday 23rd. So this is something different?? Confused :frown:
I was confused about this as well stuff keeps referring to enrolment without saying which day this is. Still haven't heard anything about pre-enrolment...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by X-sen gishi
Thanks. Do you know how many days we will have the lectures per week during the academic blocks?

Not yet- the timetable gets released next week I think! Sorry! X
The Pre-enrolment event is tomorrow: we get bloods taken and new type of CRB form confirmed. We enrol Monday 23rd- there is an induction week timetable on shuspace that says what we are doing the first week. Hope that helps! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending