Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel 6BIO7/01 (International Unit 3B) ~ 7th May 2013 ~ AS Biology Watch

• View Poll Results: Which practical do you expect? ~Biology unit 3 May 7~
    Daphnia (effect of caffeine on heart beat rate)
    13.51%
    Test for vitamin C
    16.22%
    Membrane permeability (Beetroot)
    24.32%
    Enzyme concentration
    16.22%
    Mitosis (Onion root cell)
    75.68%
    Tissue culture
    10.81%
    Tensile strength of plant fibres
    10.81%
    Mineral deficiencies
    10.81%
    Antimicrobial properties of plants
    21.62%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuhairie)
    Thanks! So if it the value where sd overlap is 2 and 4

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yea, you can say Sd 2 n 4 overlap, but specify the result as well (in my eg 20 and 25) cuz there may be more than one result with the same sd.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Relaxedexams)
    Yea, you can say Sd 2 n 4 overlap, but specify the result as well (in my eg 20 and 25) cuz there may be more than one result with the same sd.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you very much

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can u pls explain me the answers in may 2011 que 1c(!!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elfajare)
    wt does manipulation of the data meeeeaaanss
    read post #329 pg 17

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NilFBosh)
    read post #329 pg 17
    i read it !! but i dint gt the meaning of the word manipulation plase explain it !

ReputationRep:
    Can u pls explain me the answers in may 2011 que 1c(!!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As NaOH conc. Increases, the tensile strength also increases upto 0.16% NaOH where the mean tensile strength is at a maximum of 820 MPa. From 0.16 to 0.24 % NaOH the mean tensile strength falls. From 0.24 to 0.32 % NaOH there is little variation (constant) in the mean tensile strength. When NaOH conc. Is increased from 0 to 0.16 % there is an increase in mean tensile strength by 425 KPa.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As NaOH conc. Increases, the tensile strength also increases upto 0.16% NaOH where the mean tensile strength is at a maximum of 820 MPa. From 0.16 to 0.24 % NaOH the mean tensile strength falls. From 0.24 to 0.32 % NaOH there is little variation (constant) in the mean tensile strength. When NaOH conc. Is increased from 0 to 0.16 % there is an increase in mean tensile strength by 425 KPa.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks but this is 1b(!!) im asking for 1c(!!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks but this is 1b(!!) im asking for 1c(!!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oops sorry.

There is much spreading out of data as the SD is high. There is an overlap of data eg:- there is overlap of data between 0.00 and 0.04 % conc. NaOH, leading to low reliability. This means that conclusions drawn from these results should be viewed with low confidence

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can u guys help me with the sample assessment paper's graph? In the question they have asked us to show the variability, so that means the mean heart rate right? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    wt does manipulation of the data meeeeaaanss !!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elfajare)
    wt does manipulation of the data meeeeaaanss !!!!
    You have to do a calculation with the data, so instead of saying that from this point to this point it increases from this value to that value: you have to say it increases by this much. So, do some maths to find out by how much the variable increases/decrease.

ReputationRep:
    Oops sorry.

There is much spreading out of data as the SD is high. There is an overlap of data eg:- there is overlap of data between 0.00 and 0.04 % conc. NaOH, leading to low reliability. This means that conclusions drawn from these results should be viewed with low confidence

Posted from TSR Mobile
    man one question in the scribd abt mitosis when it says calculate percentage foe G1.... whats the total time for the cell cycle from the graph??

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone of you have the access to post the mark scheme after 24 hours of the exam ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniya12)
    You have to do a calculation with the data, so instead of saying that from this point to this point it increases from this value to that value: you have to say it increases by this much. So, do some maths to find out by how much the variable increases/decrease.
    thank u daniyaa ! shukran

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel Atieh)
    man one question in the scribd abt mitosis when it says calculate percentage foe G1.... whats the total time for the cell cycle from the graph??
    To my knowledge its (7.2/14.2)*100= 50.7%

Total time for cell cycle is 25-10.8 = 14.2h

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tamerdakkak)
    Does anyone of you have the access to post the mark scheme after 24 hours of the exam ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I doubt if anyone can post the official mk scheme 24h after the paper, but it is a small paper and this thread can be used for discussion *12h after the paper* by TSR rules, so you can check your answers with the others here. Something like an unofficial mark scheme.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tamerdakkak)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If anyone can get the paper from their center, Pls do upload. We can get the unofficial mark scheme by discussing it here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am 90% sure Observing Mitosis is it. check out Name:  wdwdwd.png
Views: 327
Size:  59.5 KB it says 9 core practicals. what are the controlled variables for mitosis experiment? and how to control them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liowwc)
    I am 90% sure Observing Mitosis is it. check out Name:  wdwdwd.png
Views: 327
Size:  59.5 KB it says 9 core practicals. what are the controlled variables for mitosis experiment? and how to control them?
    It depends on the question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oops sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks again and no prob for the mistake

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.