Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel 6BIO7/01 (International Unit 3B) ~ 7th May 2013 ~ AS Biology Watch

• View Poll Results: Which practical do you expect? ~Biology unit 3 May 7~
    Daphnia (effect of caffeine on heart beat rate)
    13.51%
    Test for vitamin C
    16.22%
    Membrane permeability (Beetroot)
    24.32%
    Enzyme concentration
    16.22%
    Mitosis (Onion root cell)
    75.68%
    Tissue culture
    10.81%
    Tensile strength of plant fibres
    10.81%
    Mineral deficiencies
    10.81%
    Antimicrobial properties of plants
    21.62%

ReputationRep:
    Hi how did everyone do in the chem unit 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet Strawberry)
    S cello where r u from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm from Jordan ...my name is Sarah btw :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    The thing is the paper was NOT hard, it was pretty simple! But everyone did many silly mistakes!!! So i'm guessing the boundaries would be less than 30 but by only two or three marks! :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CelloForLife)
    The thing is the paper was NOT hard, it was pretty simple! But everyone did many silly mistakes!!! So i'm guessing the boundaries would be less than 30 but by only two or three marks! :cry2:
    It wasn't hard. The first question was just so trippy. Too many questions that relied on visual cues. The second question was easy, the usual.

ReputationRep:
    I found this paper unusual specially since it was the first time mitosis came up.

ReputationRep:
    Who here is doing unit 1 and 2? Any discussions for those?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KhanR)
    i just talked to my teacher and she said that for the mitotic index it was 6 cells and for the first question it was C :/ so there goes 3 marks,i out 7 cells instead of 6
    well alot of people in my school wrote between 5 and 7. My teacher chose 7 herself...I expect there's a range of answers, so don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentno666)
    Who here is doing unit 1 and 2? Any discussions for those?
    I am ! I'm doing unit 1 and 2 ! here!
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...nit%201%202013

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Munchee)
    well alot of people in my school wrote between 5 and 7. My teacher chose 7 herself...I expect there's a range of answers, so don't worry!
    aw thank you so much, i myself got 7, so i hope its a range of answers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Relaxedexams)
    Yea, both photographs were unrelated and different.

For the MCQ, what did you get? C or D?
    I selected D but a simple google search shows it as the region of root cap protection.
    I think theres a chance for both C & D being accepted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kabOOmm)
    but then, if u look at a diagram with a root cap, the cells dont seem to be clustered so close to each other in the cap. for mitosis to occur in a region, the cells have to be actively dividing and are grouped together. and wasn't that how it was in the diagram they'd given?
    forget it.

ReputationRep:
    What a shame..cannot even count the number of cells undergoing mitosis in a simple photograph. Imagine doing the experiment and talking about one microscope image for so long! Examiners will be disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE)
    What a shame..cannot even count the number of cells undergoing mitosis in a simple photograph. Imagine doing the experiment and talking about one microscope image for so long! Examiners will be disappointed.
    They should expect it. Not be disappointed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I dont know about all of you, but I really like our paper despite our mistakes, it was pretty interesting and not as boring as the past papers! Don't you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CelloForLife)
    I dont know about all of you, but I really like our paper despite our mistakes, it was pretty interesting and not as boring as the past papers! Don't you think?
    Yes, but the previous papers were not that boring

ReputationRep:
    hey any 1 f u al know da liink to physics 3b dicussion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaju)
    hey any 1 f u al know da liink to physics 3b dicussion
    Type "edexcel physics unit 3 9th may" in the tsr search box

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pretty annoyed about the stupid mistakes I made. I know I dropped about 6 marks :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevsamuel)
    Pretty annoyed about the stupid mistakes I made. I know I dropped about 6 marks :/
    dont worry dude whr r u frm r u doin phsic exm 2mrw normally at wht tym do u al hav exms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaju)
    dont worry dude whr r u frm r u doin phsic exm 2mrw normally at wht tym do u al hav exms
    Well I'm from England, but now living in Spain :P No, I'm not doing the physics exam tomorrow, however, I do know that the exam, in Spanish time, will be at 9:45 AM

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.