Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel 6BIO7/01 (International Unit 3B) ~ 7th May 2013 ~ AS Biology Watch

• View Poll Results: Which practical do you expect? ~Biology unit 3 May 7~
    Daphnia (effect of caffeine on heart beat rate)
    13.51%
    Test for vitamin C
    16.22%
    Membrane permeability (Beetroot)
    24.32%
    Enzyme concentration
    16.22%
    Mitosis (Onion root cell)
    75.68%
    Tissue culture
    10.81%
    Tensile strength of plant fibres
    10.81%
    Mineral deficiencies
    10.81%
    Antimicrobial properties of plants
    21.62%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheKingOfTSR)
    You got a problem?
    Why he didn't start the y-axis from 50 instead of 0? is it cauz to use more than 1/2 of the axis?:confused: thanks!

ReputationRep:
    and is it better to draw the graph using a pen? or pencil is ok?

ReputationRep:
    hello all ! please i need help here i am soo lost ! i am totally lost in this subject, i was ready for unit 1 before and i got an A on my mock and when the external came i was having a big D :s althought i was doing good in pastpapers and i was ok with all the subject i am soo scared that i will make the same mistake here which i really dont know ??? anybody knows how do they check the papers or the reason for me to have a D *&**** now for this external i have all the experiments as in this website http://www.scribd.com/doc/30733651/L...y-as-Exam-2010 and i ofcrse have the pastpapers is this enough ??? and for the grapth do i have to present the points as X or as dots or cirls ????? using a pen or a pencil ????? please msg me thanks for help all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel Atieh)
    Why he didn't start the y-axis from 50 instead of 0? is it cauz to use more than 1/2 of the axis?:confused: thanks!
    You can use something called a break

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NilFBosh)
    You can use something called a break
    yes, but is ok if i directly started from 50 right?

ReputationRep:
    pleeeease help me !!

ReputationRep:
    yes, but is ok if i directly started from 50 right?
    Its something like this!
    Name:  fusion_24909_1_g24909.gif
Views: 122
Size:  5.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elfajare)
    hello all ! please i need help here i am soo lost ! i am totally lost in this subject, i was ready for unit 1 before and i got an A on my mock and when the external came i was having a big D :s althought i was doing good in pastpapers and i was ok with all the subject i am soo scared that i will make the same mistake here which i really dont know ??? anybody knows how do they check the papers or the reason for me to have a D *&**** now for this external i have all the experiments as in this website http://www.scribd.com/doc/30733651/L...y-as-Exam-2010 and i ofcrse have the pastpapers is this enough ??? and for the grapth do i have to present the points as X or as dots or cirls ????? using a pen or a pencil ????? please msg me thanks for help all
    Better to use a pencil for diagrams and graphs. Use a pen for answering questions. Just do the pastpapers and check the mark scheme for the respective papers. It'll be fine! Be positive!

ReputationRep:
    Its something like this!
    Name:  fusion_24909_1_g24909.gif
Views: 122
Size:  5.8 KB
    yes man thanks a lot ...but i want to knw if it's ok to start the yaxis from 50 for example, instead of starting from 0 and then adding this break..

ReputationRep:
    Name:  this is the exaple graph.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  21.1 KBthis is what i mean NilFBosh .....is it acceptable to start y axis in this way in 6BIO7?

ReputationRep:
    Better to use a pencil for diagrams and graphs. Use a pen for answering questions. Just do the pastpapers and check the mark scheme for the respective papers. It'll be fine! Be positive!
    thank you i wish if http://www.scribd.com/doc/30733651/L...y-as-Exam-2010 and pastpapers is enough but am feeling that i have to study something else too anyway good luck =D !

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have a scribd premum account ?? there are plenty of experiments there ! guyz about the second questions do we have to study anything 4 it ?? shuld i read it all then answer questions or read the questions then skim to find the answers ??

ReputationRep:
    Name:  this is the exaple graph.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  21.1 KBthis is what i mean NilFBosh .....is it acceptable to start y axis in this way in 6BIO7?
    Not sure if they'll accept it. Just the put the break after the 0 on the y axis and start from 50

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know this question might have already been answered, but depending on the practicals that have come up in the past few years, which practicals are likely to come up next week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leafy9)
    I know this question might have already been answered, but depending on the practicals that have come up in the past few years, which practicals are likely to come up next week?
    The mitosis practical has never shown up in the 3B papers, so there is a good chance of us getting that next week. Membrane permeability also hasn't come in a while. Enzyme concentration and antimicrobial properties of plants may also be possible questions. That is not to say that the other practicals should not be studied though! These are just the most likely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elfajare)
    does anyone have a scribd premum account ?? there are plenty of experiments there ! guyz about the second questions do we have to study anything 4 it ?? shuld i read it all then answer questions or read the questions then skim to find the answers ??
    Personally I first read the questions, then read through the passage with the questions in mind. Q2 can be based on anything from unit 1 and 2.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, if you have any practice papers (not edexcel past papers), like mock exam papers, can you please upload it? It will be greatly appreciated. Our mock exam consisted of questions, all from past papers

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone... im having my chem , bio n phy "alternative to practicle'' paper on the 7 , 8 th and 9th of may...
    anyone has any study materials i can use? i'd be reli greatfull

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahjehovah)
    hey everyone... im having my chem , bio n phy "alternative to practicle'' paper on the 7 , 8 th and 9th of may...
    anyone has any study materials i can use? i'd be reli greatfull
    Biology - http://www.scribd.com/doc/30733651/L...y-as-Exam-2010

Chemistry - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...Revision_Notes

(I take no credit for any of the notes)

ReputationRep:
    will anyone be having the pastpaper of year 2013 jan ? for the subs chem bio and phys?
    plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.