Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

If your spouse wants you to go to jail because of a crime you did, would you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Assume that you did this horrendous crime that will lead to a long jail time (years). You would also lose your job if you go to jail. You've been covering this crime in order to survive.

Your spouse found out about it and since their moral high ground is so high, they want you to go to jail and pay the crime. You love your spouse dearly.

Would you go to jail if your spouse asked you?

*Got it from a film I watched lol.

ReputationRep:
    hahaha, no. **** that.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I could ever be with someone that valued their own notion of morality above their and my happiness. So no. What film, out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    Surely all the decent people will say yes, I mean if you committ a serious crime then you should face up to the consequences.

ReputationRep:
    **** that **** I'm chilling at home with my ass intact.

ReputationRep:
    This is like Desperate Housewives with Orson and Bree!

I wouldn't do it personally, but then I can't imagine being with someone who is so much more moral than me that they would ask this, if that makes sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what? Do a Chris Huhne? Probably not.

ReputationRep:
    If they were going to hand me in anyway I'd rather do it myself so I'd get more mitigating circumstances (less prison time).
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    No. I wouldn't serve any use to anyone in prison, I'd only be a burden. There is no morality that forces pointless penance upon people; the only penance is in doing good to others.

Of course this is unless the fact that I committed this horendous crime is in this scenario affecting my disposition towards criminality, in which case if I am a danger to others then I ought to be incarcerated for others' protection.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.