Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have an offer to study at the University of Exeter Cornwall campus and was wondering if anybody could tell me what the Maritime student accommodation studio's are like in Falmouth?

They are the same price as The Sidings and Glasney Village but include kitchen and balcony so for me seem a lot better, would be great if anybody could share some info.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Personally I prefer Maritime to Glasney, as I'd my own space. I've chosen to stay at Maritime for my 1st year, just because I don't particularly want to share a kitchen with people I don't know.

The only negative I can see is the location, however I don't even see this as a negative as I like the idea of living just slightly out from uni, as I don't want to feel like i'm completed stuck in one area all of the time.

The train station is literally right next to maritime, and has good links to truro, and the nearest bus stop is a 5 minute walk away, which has loads of buses to tremough, and tbhif your at UCF woodlane its a 5-10 min walk. The rooms are well equipped at martitime studios, with everything you need, so it just really depends whether you want to be completely self-contained or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shana_pancakes)
    Personally I prefer Maritime to Glasney, as I'd my own space. I've chosen to stay at Maritime for my 1st year, just because I don't particularly want to share a kitchen with people I don't know.

The only negative I can see is the location, however I don't even see this as a negative as I like the idea of living just slightly out from uni, as I don't want to feel like i'm completed stuck in one area all of the time.

The train station is literally right next to maritime, and has good links to truro, and the nearest bus stop is a 5 minute walk away, which has loads of buses to tremough, and tbhif your at UCF woodlane its a 5-10 min walk. The rooms are well equipped at martitime studios, with everything you need, so it just really depends whether you want to be completely self-contained or not?
    Thank you for you reply. I will be at Tremough campus, I have contacted Maritime accommodation and they said I can start my contract on the 16th of September so I am seriously considering it now.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.