The Student Room Group

A-level options

Hey guys,
I'm thinking of taking History, Geography, Religious studies and Sociology.
I was originally going to take English literature instead of geography. But, in all honestly I can't be bothered to read books. I have no patience. I'm just wondering if they sound okay and could you give me some feedback.
Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by tomasg434
Hey guys,
I was originally going to take English literature instead of geography. But, in all honestly I can't be bothered to read books. I have no patience. I'm just wondering if they sound okay and could you give me some feedback.
Thanks.

What are you planning to do once you finish college?
Original post by tomasg434
Hey guys,
Thanks.

Seems like a good combination - pretty intensive on the essay-writing front, but looks very interesting.

Can I ask what you want to study at university? Your subject choices should usually be influenced by what you'd like to do after you finish your A-levels.
Reply 3
Sounds like a good combination, but if you're unsure about what you want to do afterwards, I'd be tempted to add Maths/ a science subject into a mix to keep your options open.

Also be aware that you'll have to do a lot of work for A Level, so patience is needed for every subject. :wink:
Reply 4
I wish to study law at university. I know English literature would look brilliant. But, i honestly have no patience for it. Also, I believe I will get a higher grade in geography than I would in English literature.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest