Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi! I was wondering...Does anyone know whether there is a difference between an Immigration Caseworker and an Immigration Adviser? And how to become one?? HELP!!

    Not too sure myself, i'd guess you would need a legal background and some sort of training towards accreditation.

    The difference probably is that a caseworker is responsible for finding out who, where and why while adviser is just for advising what to do on certain situations, e.g. a guy whose visa has expired still is in the country, so an adviser would advise him what to do in this case, like extending visa or leaving the country whereas caseworker would investigate this case and maybe take actions against it.

    Sorry, couldn't think of more
    • Thread Starter

    Ah thanks. Makes more sense now p.s if anyone else has any more background info, please feel free to add!
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2013
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo


"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.