The Student Room Group

Exam preperation for 4 subjects

I have 4 subjects. Everyday I start revising, at the end of topic, some things stick in my head whilst other small notes I just cant remember!
Oh and I just cant learn the tests in chemistry of reversible reactions, chemical changes and salts. Any tips ? How could you study if you have study leave and how would you start your day, solidly to revise to achieve grades A*A*AB. ( phy, chem, eng, maths )
Any tips / advices ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Reply 2
Sounds like you're doing the same chem work as me! You're right, its awful, but I got my unit 2 exam back as an A grade so I can try and give you some tips.

I like to make songs and rhymes. Some of them have actions, some don't. I always find I can remember a million song lyrics but not information!

Also, try making giant colour coded posters with pretty pictures! Those have helped me a lot.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
If you predicted or aiming towards an A* in physics, shouldnt that mean you should get A* in maths, because Physics is much harder lol?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Its just that I kind of find physics a bit wee bit easier then maths as its mostly theory with questions. Nothing in notes is shocking, pastpapers questions sometimes set you on the edge and just make you think that you didnt get the topic but maths, your always out of the comfort zone, always working those questions. Tbh, I dislike them both. But who knows, all I want to do is push to the max.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by allconfused
Sounds like you're doing the same chem work as me! You're right, its awful, but I got my unit 2 exam back as an A grade so I can try and give you some tips.

I like to make songs and rhymes. Some of them have actions, some don't. I always find I can remember a million song lyrics but not information!

Also, try making giant colour coded posters with pretty pictures! Those have helped me a lot.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

But problem is how many topic should i be doing a day for chem as 1.30hr is one topic for me??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Maths - past papers and exam solutions website.
Physics - past papers and understand everything
Chemistry - as above
English - do lots of essays
Reply 8
You don't need to rush through it. Just take your time and learn it at your own pace. By setting yourself a target of 3/4 topics by the end of the day you'll neglect certain areas in order to get on to the next one. That's what you do the night(s) before.

You've got plenty of time before summer exams. Just use it wisely.

You'll learn better if you give it the time it needs rather than only allowing yourself a small amount of time to do too much.

As for maths and physics, I don't believe there's necessarily any correlation between them because mathematical calculations are only one aspect of physics, quite a lot is all about theory and applying your knowledge to unfamiliar situations and proposed scenarios, when I did my A-Levels I found them just about the same to be honest whereas others found one harder than the other; everybodie's different.

Back on topic though, use your revision time well and learn everything well not just to schedule. You can by all means "aim" to get a certain amount covered in a specific time frame but if there's something that needs to be addressed again or you don't quite understand it then be prepared to put your schedule on hold until you get it through your head.

Past papers also.

Hope I helped and good luck.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
In psychologists I associate psychologists names and something in their study to real life. For example, for Lawrence, I think of Lawrence avenue in my village and I think of the African family who live on the corner then I link Lawrence to the study of Zimbabwe woman having a higher body image view. Little associations go a long way :smile:
Reply 10
If I start doing 4 past papers a day from now until exams would I be able to secure AAAA? I do Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology.

I have kept relatively up to date up to now and I reckon If I did a past paper in each subject now I could get BBBB/BBBC.

I have already secured an A in my Physics unit 1 module (83/90UMS) Which relieves some pressure from it.

With Chemistry I achieved a B in my January module which I am repeating in June, however, I was only one RAW mark of an A grade so I guess there isn't that much pressure there.

It's just Maths and Biology where the pressure is, specifically biology.

Any tips? I pretty much always get Bs and As in class tests with just looking over notes the night before... but I still don't think that is a reliable indication of how much revision you should be doing

Thanks guys, all help is appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest