Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I've looked around but I don't think there's a post created about this yet. So I've created this so we can all help each other and possibly come up with a few exam questions or something. This section of the paper is usually worth 24-25 marks. Also since this exam is worth 50% of the AS chemistry grade, it would be good to get these marks.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf ADVANCED NOTICE F332 JUNE 2013.pdf (334.4 KB, 1620 views)

ReputationRep:
    my class and i looked over it on friday and came up with a fair few possible questions on it.
    any questions you thought of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemistrygeek101)
    my class and i looked over it on friday and came up with a fair few possible questions on it.
    any questions you thought of?
    None yet! Would you mind sharing them? Our class is covering them possibly next week or after the Easter holiday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nukethemaly)
    None yet! Would you mind sharing them? Our class is covering them possibly next week or after the Easter holiday.
    We thought that they could ask if some of the equations are initiation, termination or propagation. Possible a dot and cross diagram for nitrous oxide. Some stuff on photochemical smog. Structure of ozone and why it is a bent molecule. A ppbv calculation. Some stuff on catalytic converters and oxidation stated of nitrogenous compounds.

ReputationRep:
    - Define the term 'photolysis'
    - Draw a dot and cross diagram for nitrous oxide, showing the dative covalent bond
    - How does NO act as a catalyst?
    - Define the shape of ozone, stating the bond angle
    - Alternatives to fossil fuels
    - Dangers of photochemical smog
    - How does ozone protect us

I'll try and post more questions when I've had a chance to read it in more detail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super121)
    - Define the term 'photolysis'
    - Draw a dot and cross diagram for nitrous oxide, showing the dative covalent bond
    - How does NO act as a catalyst?
    - Define the shape of ozone, stating the bond angle
    - Alternatives to fossil fuels
    - Dangers of photochemical smog
    - How does ozone protect us

I'll try and post more questions when I've had a chance to read it in more detail
    Thank you! This is really helpful! I'll add more to this after Easter.

ReputationRep:
    We were given some exam style questions on the advance notice:

and here are the answers

Hope this helps anyone
    Attached Images
  2. File Type: pdf adv_notice_worksheet_jun13.pdf (372.9 KB, 4434 views)
  3. File Type: pdf answers_wsheet_june13.pdf (447.2 KB, 3247 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilGem)

and here are the answers

Hope this helps anyone
    Thanks, this is very useful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super121)
    Thanks, this is very useful!
    Pleasure

ReputationRep:
    I've looked around but I don't think there's a post created about this yet. So I've created this so we can all help each other and possibly come up with a few exam questions or something. This section of the paper is usually worth 24-25 marks. Also since this exam is worth 50% of the AS chemistry grade, it would be good to get these marks.
    Thanks for the post. I don't know whether we'll discuss it at college or not but I'll post any questions I can come up with as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilGem)

and here are the answers

Hope this helps anyone
    This is incredibly detailed and so helpful. Thank you very much for sharing, I noticed question 14 is missed out but there is an answer for it would you mind reviewing that bit please.
    Again thank you so so much

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone for all their contributions. Has anyone come up with their own questions or such that they'd like to share?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone for all their contributions. Has anyone come up with their own questions or such that they'd like to share?
    I've got some, I didn't come up with them mind you they're from college but i'll post them later on today (can't exactly be doing chemistry at 2 in the morning lol) I don't have the answers just so you know in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madrevision)
    I've got some, I didn't come up with them mind you they're from college but i'll post them later on today (can't exactly be doing chemistry at 2 in the morning lol) I don't have the answers just so you know in advance.
    That's okay, post them and we can all come up with answers!

ReputationRep:
    This is incredibly detailed and so helpful. Thank you very much for sharing, I noticed question 14 is missed out but there is an answer for it would you mind reviewing that bit please.
    Again thank you so so much
    It's okay

Yeah I'll have a look a bit later

ReputationRep:
    That's okay, post them and we can all come up with answers!
    Here you go, hope they're helpful
    Attached Files
  4. File Type: docx Advanced_notice_homework_for_June_2013_exam.docx (35.4 KB, 2041 views)

ReputationRep:
    Here you go, hope they're helpful
    Thank you! They're great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilgem)
    we were given some exam style questions on the advance notice:

And here are the answers

hope this helps anyone
    EXCELLENT!

Thanks so much!!!

ReputationRep:
    You guys have gone through it in good time, our teachers haven't even started it yet:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone come up with the answers ? I do so can you please post it?

Thank you

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.