Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else panicking now? Or just me that completely forgot about the pre-release :'( trawling the forums for as many possible questions as possible and just cramming tonight :/ At least I have tomorrow morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alivere)
    Anyone else panicking now? Or just me that completely forgot about the pre-release :'( trawling the forums for as many possible questions as possible and just cramming tonight :/ At least I have tomorrow morning
    just revise the nitrogen part of atmosphere, look up the bolded words in the booklet, remember that they give you the booklet in the exam.

ReputationRep:
    To anyone worry about tyhe ppbv and the ppmv, please learn to use that fact that you need to put the ppmv over a million and ppbv over a billion and multiply by 100, using 10,000 can confuse you in the exam and you mgiht divide by 10000 instead of a 100000 etc. so please do it properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheNote)
    To anyone worry about tyhe ppbv and the ppmv, please learn to use that fact that you need to put the ppmv over a million and ppbv over a billion and multiply by 100, using 10,000 can confuse you in the exam and you mgiht divide by 10000 instead of a 100000 etc. so please do it properly.
    You mean instead of 10,000,000

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super121)
    You mean instead of 10,000,000

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wait just to clear things up:
    ppm - 10000 multiplication/division
    ppbv - 100,000 multiplication/division?
    what about pptv?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nukethemaly)
    what about pptv?
    10,000,000 is ppb
    10,000,000,000 is ppt

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what about pptv?
    ppb is 10,000,000
    ppt is 10,000,000,000

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    so to work out a ppb, do we multiply the percentage by a billion and divide by 100?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super121)
    ppb is 10,000,000
    ppt is 10,000,000,000

Posted from TSR Mobile
    with this method I can just do the calculations straight away right? I don't need to first divide my percentage by 100 or anything, correct?

ReputationRep:
    with this method I can just do the calculations straight away right? I don't need to first divide my percentage by 100 or anything, correct?
    Yep

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey guys i'm gonna post 4 questions from 11 till midnight every 10 mins ( found them online) to get us all thinking yh ? good idea or not ( I will post the whole document at the end as well )

ReputationRep:
    is this for the advanced notice, or general questions? if they are general pop them up on the main thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madrevision)
    hey guys i'm gonna post 4 questions from 11 till midnight every 10 mins ( found them online) to get us all thinking yh ? good idea or not ( I will post the whole document at the end as well )
    Yessss brilliant idea

ReputationRep:
    is this for the advanced notice, or general questions? if they are general pop them up on the main thread.
    for the advance notice

ReputationRep:
    for for it

ReputationRep:
    1· How does photolysis play a part in the destruction of N2O in the stratosphere?
    · Use a series of equations to show how NO acts in the catalytic destruction of ozone?
    · What is meant by the term photolysis ?
    · Convert 100 parts per billion to a percentage, for the level of NOX in urban areas

ReputationRep:
    1. Breaks down N2O, N2O absorbs the light and becomes excited which breaks the bonds.
    - NO + O3 > NO2 + O2
    NO is later restored when NO2 > NO + O so it's a catalyst.-
    photolysis describes a chemical reaction involving the absorbtion of light.
    - (100/10^9) * 100 = 1*10^-5%

ReputationRep:
    And....2.· Why is the N2O (liquid) into N2O (gas) not a true dynamic equilibrium ?
    · Describe how photochemical smog can be harmful to:
    (a) the environment ? (b) Humans ?
    · The article mentions a reaction with HO radicals, what is a radical?
    Give examples of other radicals found in the stratosphere?
    · Suggest why the concentration of N2O in the atmosphere has increased since 1820 ?

ReputationRep:
    1. Breaks down N2O, N2O absorbs the light and becomes excited which breaks the bonds.
    - NO + O3 > NO2 + O2
    NO is later restored when NO2 > NO + O so it's a catalyst.-
    photolysis describes a chemical reaction involving the absorbtion of light.
    - (100/10^9) * 100 = 1*10^-5%
    seeing as there are no answers can you keep posting and i'll create an answer document ? please thanks

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, this is the question sheet that you wanted. I'd appreciate it if anyone could create an answer document please
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf F332 adv notice (June 2013) predicted Qs.pdf (117.2 KB, 202 views)

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.