The Student Room Group

Advanced notice paper F332 OCR SALTERS B

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by yugiohtheawesome
Thanks I get it now :biggrin:

I have another question

I don't understand how the release of NOx at the earth's surface damages the ozone layer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They photodissociate to form radicals which then react with ozone to form oxygen.
(edited 10 years ago)
Does anyone know what we need to do differently if given a calculation question on ppb? I'm worried because we have practiced ppm calculations but all the values in this are ppb (parts per billion) :frown:
Reply 163
Original post by Jlane5000
Does anyone know what we need to do differently if given a calculation question on ppb? I'm worried because we have practiced ppm calculations but all the values in this are ppb (parts per billion) :frown:

Instead of multiplying/dividing by 10,000, you would multiply/divide by 10,000,000
Original post by super121
Instead of multiplying/dividing by 10,000, you would multiply/divide by 10,000,000

cheers :biggrin:
Omg guys Wha tis pre release material are we supposed to know for OCR A Chemistry F322 exam on 4th June????
We didn't do all these things ... *cnfused*
Reply 166
Original post by Jacksgap
Omg guys Wha tis pre release material are we supposed to know for OCR A Chemistry F322 exam on 4th June????

It's not for OCR A, it's for OCR B salters.
Original post by super121
It's not for OCR A, it's for OCR B salters.

thank youu :colondollar:
Reply 168

You are not in this messed up spec, so don't worry :smile:
Reply 169
thank youu :colondollar:

i made the same mistake on an F322 thread lool
Original post by Hilz14
i made the same mistake on an F322 thread lool

me to haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 171
Just to clarify % to ppbv you x 10,000,000 and divide for vice versa? Thanks.

Oh and could someone explain this wet and dry deposition stuff it's confusing me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Branny101
Just to clarify % to ppbv you x 10,000,000 and divide for vice versa? Thanks.

Oh and could someone explain this wet and dry deposition stuff it's confusing me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok so wet deposition is the removal of substance through by acid rain, snow and fog (you see they are what we would call WET things)
Dry deposition is the removal of substance when acidic chemicals are incorporated with dust and smoke so they stick to cars and tress (so it's usually lost to dry things)

Do you get it?
Reply 173
Original post by Whostolemycookie
Ok so wet deposition is the removal of substance through by acid rain, snow and fog (you see they are what we would call WET things)
Dry deposition is the removal of substance when acidic chemicals are incorporated with dust and smoke so they stick to cars and tress (so it's usually lost to dry things)

Do you get it?

Ahhhh thanks, makes total sense :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Question: When ozone absorbs infrared radiation it vibrates but how does this cause the troposphere to warm up?
Question: When ozone absorbs infrared radiation it vibrates but how does this cause the troposphere to warm up?

the vibrational energy within the bonds increase---the molecules move faster---the vibrational energy in transferred to kinetic energy which raises atmospheric tempereature. and some of the ozone molecules re-emit the absorbed Infared in all direction some of which warm the earth.
this is a model answer, use it for any question like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Vibrational energy get's converted to kinetic energy which then goes on to raise the temperature
Another question sorry, but when the shape of a molecule is bent is it aways 104.5 or can it sometimes be 120?
Another question sorry, but when the shape of a molecule is bent is it aways 104.5 or can it sometimes be 120?

no, if its bent they say within the ranges 104-109. 120 is for planar molecules.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending