Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I've been offered unconditional places at both kings college and royal holloway to study French & Management because I took my A levels last year and am currently on a gap year.

I've visited both universities and really like them both which has created the dilemma...

Kings college is ranked 8th in the country, it has a great reputation and therefore the employment levels after uni are high. I also love the location of the uni being in central London.

However, I know there will be a lot of pressure if I go here, I've heard that the course is a lot harder than that at royal holloway. Getting accommodation in my second year will not be as easy and ill be travelling around quite a lot. I've also been told that people tend to turn up to lectures then leave and keep themselves to themselves.

Royal holloway on the other hand is all based on one campus which means everything's nearby. It's half an hour from London on the train so it's close but accommodation won't be as expensive in the second year. I love how close everything is, ive been told you get to know a lot of people and the course seems flexible and less pressure. It's also still in the uni of London group and away from the hustle and bustle of London centre, it's located in the second safest borough in the country too!

But, it's ranked 15th in the country, and there's only a small town around the uni and it is quite a journey to get into central London, so im wondering whether there will be a lot going on. Previous posts on here have said that its not a very respected uni either and hard to get a job afterwards...

Please help me to decide by offering any advice about either uni (course, life, accommodation, money) whether you've heard things or studied there yourself, I will really appreciate it!

Thank you x

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    king college all the way1

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've applied to both as well for geography ! Think I will definitely be going to royal holloway! Been there twice and it seems really nice with a lovely feel to it. Haven't visited kings but really want to go to a campus based uni. Loved the idea of kings for a while but think it will be more like going to work as u will have to commute and I've heard it's all quite spread out good luck making your decision ! Maybe see u in September

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.