Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Confused with this girl.. what to do?! Watch

ReputationRep:
    ok this is going to be a bit long:

Since October when I started uni, I met this girl which I became friends with soon. In the begin I did not put much interest in her, just was friendly towards her. Over christmas she texted me loads and then she bought me a present when we went back to uni. In january I invited her for a movie in my room. Nothing happened. A week later she came over again and this time we kissed. After that things went a bit fast and she started telling me that she broke up with her ex just before she came uni because he wanted sex and that she still loves him but never would get back together. In february I took her out for her birthday and then we started dating. Now more things happened between us but not sex (cuz she does not want and I do respect that). However, we have had loads of arguments and she says that I take things too fast so last weekend I told her let's just date casually and take it from there. She also keeps telling me she likes me and that she thinks I am funny and cute etc.. and now over Easter we have been facetiming loads and she is gonna come over next weekend to my town. But she keeps comparing me to her ex. Like everything I do or say is almost always the same as her ex and even my body looks apparently like him.

so has anyone got any advice on how to handle this situation? I really like this girl so any advice would be helpful

cheers

ReputationRep:
    She could be using you as a rebound if she constantly compares you to her ex :/ have you considered talking to her about it?

ReputationRep:
    no not really.. I have told her to stop doing it and that I am different.
    But then we end up getting arguments and I'll get moody according to her.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.