The Student Room Group

Why did you choose history and what are your career aims?

Hi everyone.

I'm interested to see why you chose history to study at uni and what you want to do after you graduate in terms of career?

Perhaps you could also say where you're studying and if you'd recommend your course?
Reply 1
Hi Sam,

I chose history because I enjoy it, I still do. I went to Bath Spa, I really enjoyed the course, don't know what A-levels you have, I have BCD (240 UCAS points?) don't know what you are expecting, you may want to apply to a more prestigious university.I graduated in July with a 2:1, since then I have to some extent regretted my decision, although I did have the time of my life! I have applied for generic sales and grad schemes but as I didn't do business studies or a placement in said industry, I don't stand out. In terms of graduate prospects I don't believe I know anyone who studied history who is in a graduate level role, except people who are doing PGCEs. I realized that I don't want to teach, this has discouraged me from doing an MA or PHD in History as I know that lecturing would be the only option afterwards.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending