The Student Room Group

Geography help!

Hey guys,
I'm unsure about taking geography at a-level.
I haven't taken it for GCSE, but I have a great interest in it.
I just want to know do you think it's okay taking it?
The exam board for both GCSE and A-level is WJEC.
Thanks,
Tomasg434
Reply 1
Theres a guy in my geography class that didn't take it at GCSE and he seems to be getting on fine.
Reply 2
A-level textbooks are usually pretty good; if you spend some time taking that in you'll probably find you end up knowing more than many of your contemporaries who took it for GCSE!

Great to hear you're interested in geography. Trust me, it seems a bit rubbish at GCSE anyway, but as you progress with it it just keeps on getting better and better!

Uth
(Oxford geographer)
Reply 3
I think geograpphy is definetly really good. I picked it for 5th year. I don't regret it. It's quite straightforward and althought there is a lot of topics you will get the hang of it. Just readover some Geogrraphy Alevel books and they should help you. They did for me. So hope that will help. :biggrin::clap2:
Reply 4
I have a few people in my year who didnt take GCSE, they are doing fine with no problems
Reply 5
If the topic interests you, I'd say go for it. It's much easier to make up for any deficiency not taking the GCSE. I'd say it's interesting enough that you'll learn a lot if you do need to catch up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending