Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

cancelled the first interview at UCL for a place to study English due to illness, and the time has come for my rescheduled one....TOMORROW!

Aaargh.

Has anyone else been through the UCL English interview this year/previously? What should I expect? What questions will I be asked? What format will the 'practical criticism' take? Will I have to write one essay or are there a series of questions? What will I be expected to demonstrate? Cross-references and language points and interpretations??

Thanx!

(Original post by listentourself)
    Hi guys,

cancelled the first interview at UCL for a place to study English due to illness, and the time has come for my rescheduled one....TOMORROW!

Aaargh.

Has anyone else been through the UCL English interview this year/previously? What should I expect? What questions will I be asked? What format will the 'practical criticism' take? Will I have to write one essay or are there a series of questions? What will I be expected to demonstrate? Cross-references and language points and interpretations??

Thanx!
    You got a reply here

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/discussions/viewtopic.php?t=1325

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, thanks. You don't know how many threads on how many forums this has been posted! Last minute desperation!

Thanks again.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Aaargh.

Thanx!
    good luck, just be sure to come across clear and confident, be prepared to put across you own opinions and agrue them

Hehe, thanks. You don't know how many threads on how many forums this has been posted! Last minute desperation!

Thanks again.
    ur welcome

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, also I understand it's key to convey your willingness to learn from them whilst also appearing confident in what you already know...if you catch my drift.

Anyhoo, thanks for the advice...

ReputationRep:
    best of luck mate! :-)

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.