Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

well i did not really: i just exaggerated a bit... but I will see these people for the next 3 years now!

How do I deal with it? Telling the truth is NOT the answer because they might not believe in the future. I want to start afresh. Does that mean telling to all those I have lied to, the real truth?

It is not something that will affect them. It is just about my personal situation that I lied about. I totally exaggerated quite a few things. But my story started to be confusing and well now I have to tell one last 'embellishment' and end it. I promise I won't do it again.

I just want a way out.

Especially since suspicions about my lies could lead people to start talking about me, and lose the trust of those I have NOT lied to.

Urghhhhh

How do I get out of this? It's the end of term, but I will see them again next year (I'm gona be here for 4 years).

ReputationRep:
    What was the lie?

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the lie and if you can say your situation has changed or something? What is the lie?

ReputationRep:
    You made your bed, now lie in it.

ReputationRep:
    Well as the saying goes, you have to make up 100s of lies to cover one lie.

So unless it's absolutely neccessary don't lie unless you want to end up looking like a numpty.

ReputationRep:
    Unless the lie relates to illness they probably wont really care

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    well i did not really: i just exaggerated a bit... but I will see these people for the next 3 years now!

How do I deal with it? Telling the truth is NOT the answer because they might not believe in the future. I want to start afresh. Does that mean telling to all those I have lied to, the real truth?

It is not something that will affect them. It is just about my personal situation that I lied about. I totally exaggerated quite a few things. But my story started to be confusing and well now I have to tell one last 'embellishment' and end it. I promise I won't do it again.

I just want a way out.

Especially since suspicions about my lies could lead people to start talking about me, and lose the trust of those I have NOT lied to.

Urghhhhh

How do I get out of this? It's the end of term, but I will see them again next year (I'm gona be here for 4 years).
    you're anon, at least tell us the lie so we can help you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukev)
    You made your bed, now lie in it.
    Lying for a third time probably wouldn't help.

I lied about my personal circumstances being so awful (in terms of relationship) when really the reason why I could not do my coursework on time was something else to do with my physical health and emotional instability.

There was some truth in it though, I just made it worse. Why did I do that?????? I recently found from my gp that I have a condition that causes me to constantly feel unwell and depressed.

Now, I have made people close to me sound like monsters to my tutor. She kind of suspects I was not being very honest and probably shared her suspicions with her colleagues, even the whole department. But I never lied to them!!!! I will be at this institution for a while. I am going to be known as the lier.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.