Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to get others thoughts on something that has happened to me lately.

I don't wan't to get into details, so will keep this vague and to the point.

One person in my life has tried to con me out of money one way or another over the past year, and I could have lost a lot of money.

In a weird turn of events, this person has paid me back the money they owed me (£700) - but have paid it twice (so £1400, long story as to why this happened, but its was out of their control)

This person has no right to have done what they did to me over the 12 months, and I feel as if I should keep this as a way to teach them a lesson. Its probably a day or so until the person realises what has happened, and will ask for it back.

I should keep this money.... the amount is nothing to this person, yet I could really use it. yet my conscience is telling me not to, and I have had problems sleeping lately.

What are people's thoughts? Should I keep it? The person has tried to scam me....and got scammed themselves.

ReputationRep:
    No, you should not keep the money

ReputationRep:
    Don't stoop to their level, give it back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robz_3000)
    Just wanted to get others thoughts on something that has happened to me lately.

I don't wan't to get into details, so will keep this vague and to the point.

One person in my life has tried to con me out of money one way or another over the past year, and I could have lost a lot of money.

In a weird turn of events, this person has paid me back the money they owed me (£700) - but have paid it twice (so £1400, long story as to why this happened, but its was out of their control)

This person has no right to have done what they did to me over the 12 months, and I feel as if I should keep this as a way to teach them a lesson. Its probably a day or so until the person realises what has happened, and will ask for it back.

I should keep this money.... the amount is nothing to this person, yet I could really use it. yet my conscience is telling me not to, and I have had problems sleeping lately.

What are people's thoughts? Should I keep it? The person has tried to scam me....and got scammed themselves.
    Give them back the money as in the end, the universe tends to unfold as it should.

ReputationRep:
    At least this person has paid you back now. Give them their money and that way you're both even and can move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As they paid you back the money they owed you then you should do the same. Aside from being the right thing to do, it will probably be easier in the long run as you do not know what they will do if try and keep their money.

ReputationRep:
    Give it back, karma always comes around, so give it back and receive good karma

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.