Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Private Candidate Summer Exams English Language GCSE Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have applied for the University Lancaster and it is likely that I will meet the grade requirements. However, I have been foolish in not resitting my GCSE English which will is likely going to prevent me from going to Lanc.

I am unsure about if I've left it too late now, but I want to do my GCSE English. If anyone has any informative information that can help the process, e.g. private candidate information.

The exam that I want to go with is AQA. I have been on the website but a bit sceptical about the entry deadlines e.c.t.

If anyone can help, I'd be extremely appreciative because I really have left it last minute. I'm unsure If it would even be possible for for me to do the exams and get my results in time for university.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't AQA require coursework? I'm sure their first stage entry deadline was like a month ago?

If your set on AQA; google their private candidate centre's, and phone all the ones near to you in the morning. I think you'd be hard pushed to find a school, or somewhere cheap, to enter you with coursework at this late time.

If you don't find a place, try switching to IGCSE with CIE or Edexcel - as they don't have coursework, contact a private exam centre - you'll have to pay a late entry fee by now and be quick because i'm sure they wont take anyone after mid April.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vivavangveing)
    Doesn't AQA require coursework? I'm sure their first stage entry deadline was like a month ago?

If your set on AQA; google their private candidate centre's, and phone all the ones near to you in the morning. I think you'd be hard pushed to find a school, or somewhere cheap, to enter you with coursework at this late time.

If you don't find a place, try switching to IGCSE with CIE or Edexcel - as they don't have coursework, contact a private exam centre - you'll have to pay a late entry fee by now and be quick because i'm sure they wont take anyone after mid April.
    I got onto GCSE Languages as a private candidate earlier today : )

ReputationRep:
    Please I am in a similar situation
    How did you go about it.
    Pls reply
    Thanks

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.