Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Do girls get beer goggles? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Should have banged her that night instead of trying to play "mr nice guy".

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Though she may have been getting with you to make your friend jealous. He probably wasn't but that's girl logic for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beckaroo7)
    Yes. Though she may have been getting with you to make your friend jealous. He probably wasn't but that's girl logic for you
    Yes, that occurred to me too. But what was the aim? To help her friend? To get him for herself? How does the logic work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    Yes, that occurred to me too. But what was the aim? To help her friend? To get him for herself? How does the logic work?
    I misread what happened, I thought it was the same girl coming on to you and your mate.

Maybe she was just showing off, as her friend didn't get anywhere, she was showing that she could, for a self esteem boost type thing. Maybe she wanted to sleep with you when drunk, and the next day realized she didn't want to. Maybe not though, I don't know anyone involved. Don't dwell on it, you can find someone much better than her, who is bothered. Or at least another drunk girl in the meantime

ReputationRep:
    100% yes, or just wanted a shag...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beckaroo7)
    I misread what happened, I thought it was the same girl coming on to you and your mate.

Maybe she was just showing off, as her friend didn't get anywhere, she was showing that she could, for a self esteem boost type thing. Maybe she wanted to sleep with you when drunk, and the next day realized she didn't want to. Maybe not though, I don't know anyone involved. Don't dwell on it, you can find someone much better than her, who is bothered. Or at least another drunk girl in the meantime
    Excellent, thanks. Nice to know that at least, if all else fails, a drunk girl might like to s**g me!

ReputationRep:
    Lol the resentment you feel is against yourself. As in, you had a chance and you blew it. It's happened to me before and I felt like kicking my own ass tbh.

ReputationRep:
    aww man, the girl was wanting her hole and u just left, she was probably ashamed of her behaviour, i would be but yeah, girls get beer goggles too

ReputationRep:
    If girls didn't get beer goggles, then there'd be a lot less regretful notches on my bedpost

Seriously though, I don't see how it's much of an issue. You both want to get laid and consent, who cares if you're both munters? Not like you'll see each other again anyway. Our casual sex/binge drinking culture has a lot to answer for...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dark Horse)
    Lol the resentment you feel is against yourself. As in, you had a chance and you blew it. It's happened to me before and I felt like kicking my own ass tbh.
    Not at all. I wanted to go out with her.. I was pretty sure that sex that night wouldn't have lead to that.

Not a big deal, but just another example of the frustrations of the dating game. I think I have experienced every combination of rejection - alongside a couple of glorious victories..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    Not at all. I wanted to go out with her.. I was pretty sure that sex that night wouldn't have lead to that.

Not a big deal, but just another example of the frustrations of the dating game. I think I have experienced every combination of rejection - alongside a couple of glorious victories..
    Lol it wasn't the "dating game", it was you. She wanted sex. You won said game.

If, for example, she never wanted to see you again after you had sex, then that's a very different problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    Do girls get beer goggles?
    (Original post by Zarek)
    I don't generally think of girls feeling that way...
    (Original post by Zarek)
    You can't win with women, eh. At least you got your oats...
    You are aware women aren't a different species right? Men can get beer goggles, so can women. Men can just want sex, so can women. And yes you can win with women if you treat them like normal human beings, who are all different, and don't get all confused when they don't conform to your perception of what all women are like.

In a way people like you annoy me more than people who are blatantly sexist because at least they get dismissed, you have genuinely no idea.

And before anyone accuses me of being a crazy feminist, the same goes for women who are like "men, eh..." or ask questions as ridiculous as the OP about men. Maybe one day people will just treat each other as individuals and not expect certain behaviour from people because they happened to be born male/female...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slothzilla)
    You are aware women aren't a different species right? Men can get beer goggles, so can women. Men can just want sex, so can women. And yes you can win with women if you treat them like normal human beings, who are all different, and don't get all confused when they don't conform to your perception of what all women are like.

In a way people like you annoy me more than people who are blatantly sexist because at least they get dismissed, you have genuinely no idea.

And before anyone accuses me of being a crazy feminist, the same goes for women who are like "men, eh..." or ask questions as ridiculous as the OP about men. Maybe one day people will just treat each other as individuals and not expect certain behaviour from people because they happened to be born male/female...
    This is real stuff. Real stuff.

ReputationRep:

i genuinely have no idea why you feel so strongly about this...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    i genuinely have no idea why you feel so strongly about this...
    It just confuses me, sorry

This is real stuff. Real stuff.
    Was just sharing an opinion D: I wouldn't have done if the OP wasn't so dull to begin with...

ReputationRep:
    It just confuses me, sorry

Was just sharing an opinion D: I wouldn't have done if the OP wasn't so dull to begin with...
    Aye. Girls need to find real men to give it to them, not boys who want to re-enact Disney movies.

ReputationRep:
    Aye. Girls need to find real men to give it to them, not boys who want to re-enact Disney movies.
    I see

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.