Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

A girl-friend of mine says she has an incredibly high sex drive and it makes her feel like something is wrong with her. I've tried suggesting seeing a sex therapist, or even just a plain old doctor, but she says she'd be too embarrassed to see them and talk about it. I've tried various Google searches for ways to lower sex drive but have so far come up with nothing. So now I turn to you lot - do you have any advice or tips on how to help her, or how she can help herself?
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with having a high sex drive. Why would she need to see a doctor? High sex drive, low sex drive, average sex drive, no sex drive...there's no "right" sex drive. If her sex drive is not compatible with her partner's (sorry, not sure if you mean she's your girlfriend or just a female friend), that's something they should discuss and work on as a couple, but she doesn't need to change it. She should not feel ashamed about it. It's natural.

(Original post by mythtakes)
    There's nothing wrong with having a high sex drive. Why would she need to see a doctor? High sex drive, low sex drive, average sex drive, no sex drive...there's no "right" sex drive. If her sex drive is not compatible with her partner's (sorry, not sure if you mean she's your girlfriend or just a female friend), that's something they should discuss and work on as a couple, but she doesn't need to change it. She should not feel ashamed about it. It's natural.
    Just a female friend.

I've tried to explain to her that there's nothing wrong with it, but it makes her very uncomfortable - mentally and physically, as far as I can tell. What she seems to want is her sex drive to be lowered, hence the question

ReputationRep:
    Haha.. Nothing wrong with that its natural as stated.. Tell you I have an incredible high sex drive too..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes like everyone has said it's completely natural and something which your friend should enjoy.

The only advice I can give is I would try and encourage your friend not to sleep around if that is her intention, as it really doesn't get you anywhere and pretty much just causes you to become depressed. But at the end of the day it's your friends' choice...

I could say much more but yeah....that's the only advice I can give you...
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Just a female friend.

I've tried to explain to her that there's nothing wrong with it, but it makes her very uncomfortable - mentally and physically, as far as I can tell. What she seems to want is her sex drive to be lowered, hence the question
    Honestly, I don't think it's your/our place to offer advice on something that can't be helped. There's nothing wrong with a high sex drive. If she's that uncomfortable with it, then you could suggest she speaks to a counsellor about it because they'd be able to help her with the mental side of it. It's kind of like saying "hey, I want to become less intelligent. How do I do that?" - it's not really possible. I mean, some women say that being on the pill kills their sex drive, but I don't think it's really necessary to go on the pill just for that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.