Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I know this might sound like a silly question but I was wondering if I still have a chance to get a conditional offer from Cambridge to study medicine even if I didn't do as well as I could on the January 2013 exams (I've got B's in maths and chemistry and a C in physics BUT I'm going to resit them and hopefully get A's in June). Do I have a chance and should I give it a shot??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just Jim)
    I know this might sound like a silly question but I was wondering if I still have a chance to get a conditional offer from Cambridge to study medicine even if I didn't do as well as I could on the January 2013 exams (I've got B's in maths and chemistry and a C in physics BUT I'm going to resit them and hopefully get A's in June). Do I have a chance and should I give it a shot??
    If you resit in june and get high A's overall at AS then yes you would have a shot, provided you have a good BMAT score. The first step up from GCSE to AS exams can be hard, but you won't get in with B and C's at AS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackkkkk)
    If you resit in june and get high A's overall at AS then yes you would have a shot, provided you have a good BMAT score. The first step up from GCSE to AS exams can be hard, but you won't get in with B and C's at AS.
    Alright. But if I resit would it put me at a disadvantage???

Don't bite me...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergrad...rents/faq.html

"a student's application is unlikely to be adversely affected by their resitting one or two modules. On the other hand, there would be concern about an applicant's potential to be successful at Cambridge if they need to resit numerous exams, particularly where only a marginal improvement is achieved."

Or in other words, unless there was a very good reason why you messed up first time around, you wont get much sympathy unless your grades are spectacularly better at resit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just Jim)
    Alright. But if I resit would it put me at a disadvantage???

Don't bite me...
    As someone has quoted cam that's the most helpful info. But to be honest retaking those 3 alongside your other AS's would be fine if you get good 90/95+ UMS marks. It would show you can take on a larger work load and do well. But you really do need some high UMS. What's your 4th AS?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    My 4th AS is economics but I don't have an economics exam in January.

Love life. YOLO.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.