Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello all!

I am posting here today in the faint hope I might move toward some personal clarity :P Basically, I am 19 and had previously attended the University of Liverpool, for a number of months studying Modern History. After a short while I fell extremely ill and unfortunately had to leave.

Now that I am on the road to recovery I have had a lot of time for personal reflection and wish to change my course of life (so to speak). I now wish to make the bold move into Medicine, which is difficult considering my A levels are in Religious Studies (A), History (B) and English Literature (B) .. (with the Welsh Baccalaureate).

I was never BAD at sciences when doing GCSE's I was just too immature to bother. Now that things have changed I am considering two options, either: Applying to a foundation Medical course (which has very few places) or Redoing both GCSE's AND A Levels in September and applying for the 5 year medical course.

Which do you guys think would be my most secure option? THANKS

ReputationRep:
    I am doing 2 years extra in A-levels to do the sciences..Im curently doing A2 Law, Economics, History..Its never too late. But If I were you, I'd do foundation course in Uni.

ReputationRep:
    Most med schools dont appreciate re doing a levels or gcse's outside of the set time frame so I think applying for a foundation or access to course would be ur better option.

ReputationRep:
    i have heard that a HNC Applied Science can get you into medicine. foundation year or access course.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.