Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello all!

I am posting here today in the faint hope I might move toward some personal clarity :P Basically, I am 19 and had previously attended the University of Liverpool, for a number of months studying Modern History. After a short while I fell extremely ill and unfortunately had to leave.

Now that I am on the road to recovery I have had a lot of time for personal reflection and wish to change my course of life (so to speak). I now wish to make the bold move into Medicine, which is difficult considering my A levels are in Religious Studies (A), History (B) and English Literature (B) .. (with the Welsh Baccalaureate).

I was never BAD at sciences when doing GCSE's I was just too immature to bother. Now that things have changed I am considering two options, either: Applying to a foundation Medical course (which has very few places) or Redoing both GCSE's AND A Levels in September and applying for the 5 year medical course.

Which do you guys think would be my most secure option? THANKS

ReputationRep:
    I am doing 2 years extra in A-levels to do the sciences..Im curently doing A2 Law, Economics, History..Its never too late. But If I were you, I'd do foundation course in Uni.

ReputationRep:
    Most med schools dont appreciate re doing a levels or gcse's outside of the set time frame so I think applying for a foundation or access to course would be ur better option.

ReputationRep:
    i have heard that a HNC Applied Science can get you into medicine. foundation year or access course.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2013
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.