Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*glitter*~)
    that aint that many, i was on thew other day and ther was some1 on (cant remember who it was) and they had about 200 more than i did and they only joined in feb 04!!!!
    I know, those people must have more time on there hands than well....anyone.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    exactly!!! some people must be on it pratically all day
    I'm on here all day but I still average less that 20 posts a day (compared to say bono who averages over 80 posts a day).

The most respected prolific posters are the ones like Elpaw and Mr White who have been around for a long time, post regularly but don't waste their time posted single line pointless crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by two_headed_monk)
    woah.... thats a lot of commitment.... i couldnt handle the pressure....
    no its just sad

ReputationRep:
    some people spend all night on here!!!! argh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    I'm on here all day but I still average less that 20 posts a day (compared to say bono who averages over 80 posts a day).

The most respected prolific posters are the ones like Elpaw and Mr White who have been around for a long time, post regularly but don't waste their time posted single line pointless crap.
    what r u implying?? my posts average out at 16 a day, which aint alot

ReputationRep:
    Ufff...i have a long way to go

ReputationRep:
    what r u implying?? my posts average out at 16 a day, which aint alot
    maybe that people who do one liners r a waste of space? cheers

ReputationRep:
    i used to average about 30-40/day, but now i only make about 5... but seeing people having about 4 times as many posts as me in 1/3 of the time!! it is quite scary actually....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    awww, cmon. we all know that you guys araent a waste of space...
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    No that people that do *pointless* one liners (and post more pointless one liners than they do anything else) are a waste of bandwidth

There are only so many "lol" and "I agree" posts that are worth doing...and if that is all you're posting (not you lumpy) then you're seriously lacking in the social skills you need to have an intelligent conversation.

It's the people who seem to forget that this place in about *interacting* with other posters...not simply nodding along when someone says anything you vaguely agree with.

ReputationRep:
    No that people that do *pointless* one liners (and post more pointless one liners than they do anything else) are a waste of bandwidth

There are only so many "lol" and "I agree" posts that are worth doing...and if that is all you're posting (not you lumpy) then you're seriously lacking in the social skills you need to have an intelligent conversation.

It's the people who seem to forget that this place in about *interacting* with other posters...not simply nodding along when someone says anything you vaguely agree with.

*head nodding along with Pencil Queen's comment*

but there are times when you completely agree with what someone says, and you want to know that the comment is good/back up that argument. as long as someone can make decent posts, i don't think it really matters that he/she makes the odd one-liner.

ReputationRep:

which catorgory would u say i fit in??
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    which catorgory would u say i fit in??
    17 post a day average, hardly any (if any at all) pointless posts, *always* interacting with people

Definitely not a waste of bandwidth

ReputationRep:
    exactly!!! some people must be on it pratically all day
    I'm on it practically all day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I'm on it practically all day.
    dont u ever get bored of it after being on so long? i go on all day at school then thats it til the next day. otherwis eid get bore dof it. nooo! that cannot happen!

ReputationRep:
    17 post a day average, hardly any (if any at all) pointless posts, *always* interacting with people

Definitely not a waste of bandwidth

can i just ask, whats bandwidth? im sorry im simple

ReputationRep:
    dont u ever get bored of it after being on so long? i go on all day at school then thats it til the next day. otherwis eid get bore dof it. nooo! that cannot happen!
    not really. I should be doin work, but i just come on here and reply to as many threads as i want to.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer

can i just ask, whats bandwidth? im sorry im simple
    bandwidth (in simple terms) is something that the server that UKL is hosted on has. Each person getting data from or putting data onto (ie reading or posting posts) uses up a chunk of bandwidth. Bandwidth costs quite a lot of money (and running out of it is one reason that we get those crappy server busy messages).

ReputationRep:
    bandwidth (in simple terms) is something that the server that UKL is hosted on has. Each person getting data from or putting data onto (ie reading or posting posts) uses up a chunk of bandwidth. Bandwidth costs quite a lot of money (and running out of it is one reason that we get those crappy server busy messages).
    ohhh!! now i get it!! i'll remember never to say anything thats worthless ever again, ur just full of knowledge arnt u pencil queen!!

ReputationRep:
    i think you should get a super status at 10000, or one that is customiseable

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.