Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm in high school (secondary school) and after the Easter term I have to talk to a member of staff about what I want to be when I'm older and what subjects I want to take. The only thing is, I don't know either of them. I am defiantly taking French, mandarin and Ict, but I don't know what else. Instead of ict they might do computer science after school so I would do that instead of ict, even though I lose 1 gcse. I am very rubbish at everything else as well, I'm alright at geography and history, but awful at re. I am absolutely awful at pe. I keep getting level 4s which is bad, but I don't really care because I'm not taking it haha. I can take a technology but don't know what to take, but the 3 out of 4 I would do are graphics, woodwork and food. Graphics is boring and you do nothing but I am really good at designing avatars and signatures, food I am really good at cooking and baking, and woodwork I like to make bird houses and stuff. If I had to choose at the moment like right now at this minute I would be a chef, but then I will want to be something different. I also want to be something to do with business. I am really good at prices, good at making money and good at saving it and spending it wisely. I use to sell cans and bottles of pop, and sweets at school and made a ton off that, but then I started doing other stuff that's not really worth telling about because you will just laugh but it was a lot better at making money.
    To be honest with you, I have a feeling I'm going to do bad in these gcse's and live with my parents the rest of my life :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matfen)
    I'm in high school (secondary school) and after the Easter term I have to talk to a member of staff about what I want to be when I'm older and what subjects I want to take. The only thing is, I don't know either of them. I am defiantly taking French, mandarin and Ict, but I don't know what else. Instead of ict they might do computer science after school so I would do that instead of ict, even though I lose 1 gcse. I am very rubbish at everything else as well, I'm alright at geography and history, but awful at re. I am absolutely awful at pe. I keep getting level 4s which is bad, but I don't really care because I'm not taking it haha. I can take a technology but don't know what to take, but the 3 out of 4 I would do are graphics, woodwork and food. Graphics is boring and you do nothing but I am really good at designing avatars and signatures, food I am really good at cooking and baking, and woodwork I like to make bird houses and stuff. If I had to choose at the moment like right now at this minute I would be a chef, but then I will want to be something different. I also want to be something to do with business. I am really good at prices, good at making money and good at saving it and spending it wisely. I use to sell cans and bottles of pop, and sweets at school and made a ton off that, but then I started doing other stuff that's not really worth telling about because you will just laugh but it was a lot better at making money.
    To be honest with you, I have a feeling I'm going to do bad in these gcse's and live with my parents the rest of my life :'(
    Woah mate chill your beans!
    First things first - stop panicking - you're going to get something out of life I promise you
    Secondly, if you already have an idea about what you want to do then the idea is to take the subjects that you need first - if you don't know what these are ask a teacher or look online
    Finally, if you still have subjects to choose or you change your mind about what career you want then your safest bet to ensure GCSE success is to take subjects that a) you enjoy and b) you're good at
    Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    All I can say is don't take a D.T based subject. I took product design, and it's the worst thing in my life. It's literally driven my whole class to the point of a breakdown. Don't do it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucyJayne97)
    All I can say is don't take a D.T based subject. I took product design, and it's the worst thing in my life. It's literally driven my whole class to the point of a breakdown. Don't do it!
    That's rubbish.. as someone who took DT and is now studying design I endorse taking DT if your whole clss is struggling then its probably down to bad teaching.

Take what interests you not what others tell you to

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is product design Textiles or Woodwork? This is all the teachers call it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matfen)
    Take Geography GCSE! I do Geography and History and personally I find Geography much more easier and enjoyable but then again it's up to you and which you prefer. Don't panic, Im in Year 11 and I'm choosing my A Levels and I'm not 100% sure what I wanna be but a lot of people don't know, best thing is to take a variety of subjects to give you many options... I do business & I find it really boring, a lot of people do in my year- thats like the 'regret' subject! But again, it's up to you.. if you feel you could excel at it then take it but business is about loadsss of 9 markers, mark schemes and applying knowledge to questions.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.