Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Sorry but this is a bit of a long one:

1. I am an 18 year old lad, I am starting Leeds Met in September but I am a virgin. Now to some of you this may be a problem or no big deal at all.....for me it's more of a matter of being scared in the Uni environment. From past experiences I found that not a lot of girls like virgin guys (it's more the other way round, guys like virgin girls). It's not as if I haven't had opportunities before: nearly lost it in Year 7 (she said she wasn't ready not long after penetration, say a few seconds), got asked to do it at a wake (turned down due to occasion) etc so turned down for good reasons. The other reason I am scared is that I am what you would call a nice-guy but I'm dirty minded, but the dirty mindedness is more of a bravado thing to cover up my insecurities at being a virgin (if that makes sense) I have recently been friend-zoned by 4 people, had my heart broken by 2 and I'm just worried that it will just repeat at Uni :/

2. Second issue (well sort of), at an applicant day I got talking to a lovely young lady. Now I got her Facebook and Number but she lives far away (will be on campus for the year). Now she really is beautiful and I would love to try build something between us but I'm unsure of how to get across my intentions without scaring her or ruining this basic "friendship" thing :/

Any advice please?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be so worried about it, it's not exactly something you tell people anyway, who's going to know? Not that it's such a big deal anyway. Just go to uni, meet a crapload of new people and have a good time!

As for this other bird, you've got her number right? Drop her a text, see how she's doing and if she's going to be in the area ask her out, not got much to loose mate!

ReputationRep:
    What course or subject area are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    PM if you want

ReputationRep:
    Year 7? What on earth?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.