Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    My ex hasn't been attending lectures and I questioned him about it the other day and he said it was basically because he didn't feel like he fitted in.

Me and my new group of friends are going out tomorrow for lunch (we're all on the same course) and I thought maybe mentioning it to them might be an idea? If he says no my plan is to just say 'well, I tried to help you, don't come crying to me when you don't feel like you fit in and you might struggle if you don't attend lectures'
    But I don't want that to turn into a row.

What should I do? Should I leave it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenniferann232)
    My ex hasn't been attending lectures and I questioned him about it the other day and he said it was basically because he didn't feel like he fitted in.

Me and my new group of friends are going out tomorrow for lunch (we're all on the same course) and I thought maybe mentioning it to them might be an idea? If he says no my plan is to just say 'well, I tried to help you, don't come crying to me when you don't feel like you fit in and you might struggle if you don't attend lectures'
    But I don't want that to turn into a row.

What should I do? Should I leave it?
    Do you want to help your ex? If so, why? Are you friends? I don't think saying the 'well, i tried to help you' thing is going to make him feel very good. It will, by the sounds of it, most likely turn into a row. If you truly care about his feelings you shouldn't get angry at him like that because he rejected your offer of dinner. If he is your ex, do you really think asking him to dinner (even with a group) is a good idea?

Since you are no longer a couple, is it really your place to be questioning his whereabouts during lecture time?

ReputationRep:
    We said when we broke up that we wanted to be friends and I asked him about it because he said he didn't fit in and I mentioned that lots of people missed him being there, mainly to help him see that people DO care about him.
    Tbh now we're in lectures I'm just gunna leave it... His problem if he doesn't turn up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.