Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Have individual friends but no circle of friends Watch

Does anyone else have a similar problem? I seem to pick up individual friends pretty much everywhere I go but have never had a circle of friends (university friends were a circle, but they were too petty and cliquey).

I know the easiest solution would be just to introduce my friends to each other but I feel they're all quite different and it would be a tad strange to organise out of the blue. Any ways to acquire a circle? There are just some activities you can't do in twos and organising birthdays aren't that fun either...

Story of my life. All I can say is that you must introduce some of your friends to the others that you believe they would most get on with, you'll be surprised who mixes with who and that people will at least pretend to get along with mutual friends for your sake, if they start talking about how weird that person was then you know not to mix those two people again.
    Or alternatively, you could pick one of your best friends and start involving yourself more in their circle of friends so that it becomes your circle of friends.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same. Or I used to have a circle of friends but I don't see them much these days.

ReputationRep:
    I had small group back home, but at Uni I only really have 1 friend.

ReputationRep:
    I've had a circle of friends back in high school (still do) within that circle there's obviously best friends etc.. But it's cool introduce everyone tbh it'll help in the long run.. Yeah uni friends can be cliquey but you'll find some in the end

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same situation. I started college last September, and in secondary school I was part of a circle, but I've hardly seen them since. In college I'm in exactly the same situation as you, especially considering that quite a few of my closest friends there are already in social circles. I hang out with their groups sometimes but I don't really fit in with any of the groups, I just get on with the individual people.

ReputationRep:
    Kind of.

It's mainly because I get on with anyone who isn't a massive idiot, it doesn't bother me that much.

I have this. It's so frustrating because you can't really go out with a relatively large group of people 'together' and all get on well with the same interests, so you can only go out with individual people(s) once at different times. Pretty depressing - I really want a circle of friends, but I'm having a hard time trying to get/find one.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.