Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markuk99)
    Ive had..

htc legend, htc desire, samsung galaxy, iphone 3gs, samsung galaxy s2, htc desire hd, iphone 4s, samsung galaxy s3, iphone 5, htc one x, samsung galaxy nexus, google nexus 4...

..and now I have the new HTC One. ( i need to get round to selling the nexus 4)

Theres nothing currently better than the HTC ONE so i dont know what my next phone would be. Possible the yet-to-be-debuted Google xPhone.
    Bloody hell. You've had 13 phones in the past 3 years :eek:

That's more than 4 phones per year.... And i thought buying two phones last year for the first time meant i was addicted!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I shall be getting next week either the HTC 8X or the Nokia Lumia 920.

I have found them at £350 and £410 receptively however the Nokia is supposed to be better in general so its a difficult decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I shall be getting next week either the HTC 8X or the Nokia Lumia 920.

I have found them at £350 and £410 receptively however the Nokia is supposed to be better in general so its a difficult decision.
    Go with the Nokia, better exclusive apps and software support. Plus the hardware is better as well.

Only thing that puts me off is the size so play around with both first to see which form factor you like.

(Could buy a better phone such as the Nexus 4 for less)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sum Gai)
    Go with the Nokia, better exclusive apps and software support. Plus the hardware is better as well.

Only thing that puts me off is the size so play around with both first to see which form factor you like.

(Could buy a better phone such as the Nexus 4 for less)
    Good to know.

Yeah, I've held them and the Nokia seems wider whilst the 8x longer but neither is a problem.

I know there not the best but there good enough, with that said as silly as it sounds i don't like going with the crowd and these have that funky edge, plus money's not a problem and Windows 8 seems easy to use on it.

ReputationRep:
    Good to know.

Yeah, I've held them and the Nokia seems wider whilst the 8x longer but neither is a problem.
    Unless you can get the HTC 8X a lot cheaper (£50+) then go for that. But if it's a minimal difference and you don't mind paying the extra then i think the 920 is the best phone to go for. Especially for future proofing as it's 4G ready and has a lot of great hardware/software features that the 8X doesn't have.

with that said as silly as it sounds i don't like going with the crowd and these have that funky edge, plus money's not a problem and Windows 8 seems easy to use on it.
    In that case why not buy a retro phone like the Motorola Dynatac? You''ll be able to distinguish yourself from the crowd with one of these. Just look how stylish and funky this guy looks with the phone

ReputationRep:
    Preordered iPhone 6 today

Posted from TSR iPad
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Not sure yet. Have a choice of my dad's old HTC Desire S or get a new one. Am thinking either a Nokia or HTC.

Only got to wait 6 months (and counting...) or so.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I was planning to get the S4 but I am going on holiday soon and have a few things to save up for so I have decided just to get the S2 and its a good deal as for £17.50 a month I will get 1GB data, 500 mins and 5000 texts. I am paying £35 a month for that atm with 3 on my xperia arc, its a rip off!

ReputationRep:
    I still have over a year left with my Galaxy S3 contract so it's too early to say

Wouldn't mind sampling an iPhone although realistically it will probably be an Android phone

ReputationRep:
    possibly getting a Sony Xperia Z, any thoughts ?

ReputationRep:
    I still have until early jan on my contract, but I was planning on keeping my iPhone and going sim only to try and save some money. To be honest though I'm sure by then something will be released that I'm desperate to get my hands on!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BC95)
    My best friend has this phone, she's really pleased with it. Though I don't know how much I would trust her judgement, she's the sort to got a 2 year contract without bothering to download any software upgrades or anything so she's not really a techy person. As long as it calls and texts and is pretty and she's pretty pleased!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Always been an android fan for phones so my next one will be the S4 *Drool*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BC95)
    I can't say specifically for the Z but I have the Sony Xperia S and it's bloody amazing and I'll definitely be getting the newest model when my contract runs out next year.
    Totally recommend the Xperia line, I couldn't be happier with my phone and a few of my friends have other phones on the Xperia line and they say the same.

The only thing I'm not totally fond of I'd the block at the bottom of the S but they've got rid of that with the Z so it looks even better

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elelia)
    I can't say specifically for the Z but I have the Sony Xperia S and it's bloody amazing and I'll definitely be getting the newest model when my contract runs out next year.
    Totally recommend the Xperia line, I couldn't be happier with my phone and a few of my friends have other phones on the Xperia line and they say the same.

The only thing I'm not totally fond of I'd the block at the bottom of the S but they've got rid of that with the Z so it looks even better

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ah ok, how do you find the Xperia line with things like music, that's a big reason of why I use my phone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BC95)
    ah ok, how do you find the Xperia line with things like music, that's a big reason of why I use my phone
    Really good, the sound is really clear and the actual applications are really easy to navigate. Plus, the memory on it is huge so it holds a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elelia)
    Really good, the sound is really clear and the actual applications are really easy to navigate. Plus, the memory on it is huge so it holds a lot.
    great ! I've also heard good things about their water resistance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BC95)
    great ! I've also heard good things about their water resistance
    I can confirm that, seen an accident with my own eyes. All the newer Xperia phones are practically waterproof.
    A quick YouTube search for 'adrienisen water test Xperia' should prove this to you

Posted from TSR iPad

ReputationRep:
    I thought the Xperia Z was being marketed as waterproof?

ReputationRep:
    Currently got the S2.
    Had it for nearly a year so not due an upgrade til next year (hopefully this time)...I dont actually know when my contract started or ends..

Think ill just get the next Iphone.
    The only thing that I know will happen is the screen will smash within the first year.
    The S2 screen is pretty tough. No scratches, chips, or crackes even from been dropped from around 3 foot onto the pavement.

Ive had windows phones (HTC Touch) I mean it was okay,
    But mainly its the new interfaces I dont like.

I dont really need that good a camera the current Iphone one is 8mega same as my S2 but ive got a dslr for taking photographs with.

An ipad mini for internet on the go, my laptop for home use.
    I only really use my phone with internet (social media, spotify, emails, texts, calls, general browsing)

Hopefully there will be a new iphone out by next year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.