The Student Room Group

edexcel IGCSE 2013 may students

Scroll to see replies

Original post by darsan9
just wondering all the people doing the pople doing the may papers for the folowing subjects.we could make a group on it
-maths
-english
-french
-chemistry
-biology
-physics
-futhur pure mathematics
-ICT

PM me if you wanna join the group and discuss about the papers.:smile::biggrin:

pls note that even these will be moderated by the student rooms (if im not mistaken)
and will only be discussing the most probable questions
(and other things...)

add me please!
Original post by Vorte
Hey, that question says
A flight company increases the prices by 8%
"A flight to Mumbai increases its price by 48 pounds, calculate the cost of the flight before the increase"

Just do it as two parts :smile: Lets take x as the original price

(x/100)*8 = 48
8x=4800
x=600 Pounds.
So the price after the increase is (x + 48), which is 648 pounds :biggrin:

yeah i got it right......:smile::smile::smile::biggrin:
Original post by parasagarwal01
I have mine on 15th .. So u'll probably tell us what came yea?? .. LoL! Jk.. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

no no no paras....very bad boy.....i will tell your mummy:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::colone:.....LOL.
Original post by alexgr97
I found the hardest question on Maths the Prove that x^2 -10x +18 = 0 (the rectangle one). Only a handful of people I know managed that one. Other than that, the 3H was largely ok. Made a few more errors, so I reckon I got mid-80s or something like that. Need to do really well in 4H for an A*! Was one of the hardest papers overall, I think.

hey even i found it hard in the beginning....after proving my ans. was coming to 1200x^2+367x+56........ but somehow i managed to prove it.:biggrin:
The hardest and the weirdest maths 3H 2013 jun was the london marathon runners...., on 25th april 2010, 37527 runners were running in marathon. estimate how many runners had their birthday that day? (4 marks).........it was so confusing and i had 1hr 5 mins left......any guess how to work it out?and anyone did accounts?
I don't suppose anyone here's doing Edexcel IGCSE RS on Monday?
Can some pls suggest me some essays to study for IGCSE French
can anyone remember their answer for the angle question - there was just one answer box and you had to work out the angle, at the top of a page
Reply 188
Please can somebody help and explain this chemistry titration question? With steps if possible. Thanks :smile:

A drain cleaner contains sodium hydroxide solution.
In a titration experiment, the sodium hydroxide in a 25.0 cm^3 sample of the drain cleaner was neutralised by 20.0 cm^3 of hydrochloric acid.
The concentration of the hydrochloric acid was 0.500 mol dm^-3.
The equation for the reaction is:
NaOH + HCl ----> NaCl +H2O

a) Calculate the concentration in mol dm^-3 of sodium hydroxide in the drain cleaner
b) calculate the mass of sodium hydroxide in a bottle containing 250 cm^3 of this drain cleaner

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amalik_
Please can somebody help and explain this chemistry titration question? With steps if possible. Thanks :smile:

In a titration experiment, the sodium hydroxide in a 25.0 cm^3 sample of the drain cleaner was neutralised by 20.0 cm^3 of hydrochloric acid.

a) Calculate the concentration in mol dm^-3 of sodium hydroxide in the drain cleaner
b) calculate the mass of sodium hydroxide in a bottle containing 250 cm^3 of this drain cleaner

Posted from TSR Mobile

a.) 1. - work out moles of HCl using n=cv
n=0.5x0.02 (dm^3)
n= 0.01 mol

Ratio is 1:1. 1 mol of HCl neutralises 1 mol of NaOH.
So you must have 0.01 mol of NaOH

Use n=cv
0.01=cx0.025
0.01/0.025=c
c= 0.4mol/dm^3
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 190
you work out the moles of hcl by doing moles = concentration x volume so 0.5 times 20 over 1000 so 0.5 times 0.02 which is 0.01. so there are 0.01 moles of hcl and you see from the equation that one mole of hcl reacts with 1 mole of sodium hydroxide so 0.01 moles hcl react with 0.01 moles sodium hydroxide so there are 0.01 moles of sodium hydroxide so do concentration = moles over volume
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by amalik_

Posted from TSR Mobile

Now let's do part B

1. n=cv
n=0.4x0.25
n= 0.1 mol

m=nMr
m= 0.1xMr

I don't have a periodic table with me but that will give you the mass.m :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 192
Thank you SO much!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 7izzy7
can anyone remember their answer for the angle question - there was just one answer box and you had to work out the angle, at the top of a page

I believe there were two angle ones but I can't exactly remember specific questions.... One of the answers was 122 (for the hexagon shape)

But the other one, you had to use alternate segment theorem, can't ember answer I think it was 60 something

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BuddingAchiever
I believe there were two angle ones but I can't exactly remember specific questions.... One of the answers was 122 (for the hexagon shape)

But the other one, you had to use alternate segment theorem, can't ember answer I think it was 60 something

Posted from TSR Mobile

good i think i put 64 or something? ring any bells anyone?
Reply 195
Original post by thelyphron
I don't suppose anyone here's doing Edexcel IGCSE RS on Monday?

yeah im doing it on monday, what unit are you doing?
Reply 196
Original post by parasagarwal01
Inside the specification.. All formulae is there

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers, got it now.... Does this mean I only need to know these ones or would you advise I try and revise them all just to be sure. Dont think I can fit anything else in my brain tBH do hope not!
Reply 197
Anyone got Physics 1P on Tuesday?
Reply 198
Original post by alexgr97
Anyone got Physics 1P on Tuesday?

I do! Feeling okay about it actually, I find it's mainly principles which you have to grasp and there isn't much memorising of facts, unlike chemistry and biology. How are you going about revising?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest