The Student Room Group

edexcel IGCSE 2013 may students

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by dathtom
Sorry it was my mistake. I thought you were referencing to an exam another poster commented on that happened this morning. My bad :/

I forgive you :P :smile:
Original post by halzmac
I thought It was much harder than normal, what did you think :smile:?

That's what most of my friends thought aswell.... but having done so many papers... I thought it was relatively generous! The last page was decent but that is not to say that I found it easy !! I'm worried about this friday !!!
3 more hours till discussion of french
1 hour till discussion of french
6 minutes till discussion of french

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 265
I think we can talk about physics now right? Can't seem to post on the thread but what did you guys think of it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought physics was a really odd exam, like a lot of 'suggest why' questions which aren't my favourite, totally different from past papers.
Reply 267
Yeah and there were lots which you had to apply an equation to in order to understand. Although the majority of equations were 'show that _____ equals x' which made it really easy in my opinion. I was rushing at the end though which was not good and I usually finish with LOADS of time :frown: what did you put for the 5 marker on radioactivity?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I put that it gets into the soil, waste is really toxic, gets into water, causes cancer but i couldn't think of very much to say for that one. What about measuring the average speed of the cyclist? I wasn't sure about that question, what did you write?
Reply 269
I left that one till the end! I just wrote something really simple: measure distance using a trundle wheel, time the time taken to cycle round using a stopwatch, use speed = distance/time to find speed, repeat and take an average of the results...not sure though. You? And for the radioactivity one I literally listed everything I knew because i couldn't think of much appropriate to the q, almost 'beta particles are a high speed electron' hahaha.. Also what did you put for the final question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I use 2 pi r but im not sure that was right, but except for that pretty much the same as you. What was the final question, ive forgotten
Reply 271
Yeah I'm sure 2 pi r is right for the distance travelled too, dw!! And it was like 'explain why the water flows and then stops' or something in those containers? Also the question about the paper aeroplane I just didn't get what it was asking 'explain why it must be in constant velocity' do you remember that one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amalik_
Yeah I'm sure 2 pi r is right for the distance travelled too, dw!! And it was like 'explain why the water flows and then stops' or something in those containers? Also the question about the paper aeroplane I just didn't get what it was asking 'explain why it must be in constant velocity' do you remember that one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I said because of the pressure difference and like there was a resultant force as the water in the left cup had greater weight or something. And I thought the plane one was newton's law of motion (no resultant forces means constant velocity)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 273
Original post by Qwerty1996
Oh I said because of the pressure difference and like there was a resultant force as the water in the left cup had greater weight or something. And I thought the plane one was newton's law of motion (no resultant forces means constant velocity)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I see...hmm think I did drop quite a few marks overall but hopefully scraped the A* boundary. There was nothing on energy transfer!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 274
hmm the last question, i think its because liquids seek their own level, so the water level would be equal in both cups. Thats the only thing i could think off in the middle of the exam... :/
Reply 275
Original post by BuddingAchiever
That's what most of my friends thought aswell.... but having done so many papers... I thought it was relatively generous! The last page was decent but that is not to say that I found it easy !! I'm worried about this friday !!!

It was just the last two questions, the second last one ive pretty much got all the answers. In the last one i couldnt tell when the person had changed i was like who the hell is talking now ahahha... But I think i put cbac :smile:
Wat about the plane on the runway
how did you guys find the math paper 3h ?
Reply 278
Original post by amalik_
Oh I see...hmm think I did drop quite a few marks overall but hopefully scraped the A* boundary. There was nothing on energy transfer!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully the grade boundaries will be low this year, but if January's grade boundaries are a good basis, then you can lose around 40 marks in paper 1 and 20 marks in paper 2 and still get away with an A which is pretty good :biggrin:
Reply 279
There's a thread on physics if you guys are interested n_n Go to around page 9-10 for exam discussion.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2348104&page=1

Quick Reply

Latest