The Student Room Group

edexcel IGCSE 2013 may students

Scroll to see replies

How did people find the French reading and writing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qwerty1996

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi querty, i did the french reading and writing. The comprehension section was almost too easy, don't you think?
Hi guys, anyone want to start an igsce edexcel geography thread. Send me a private message please if interested
Original post by stonerosesfan
Hi querty, i did the french reading and writing. The comprehension section was almost too easy, don't you think?

Yeah I thought it was fine! But I'm hoping that doesn't mean the grade boundary is really high..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I thought it was fine! But I'm hoping that doesn't mean the grade boundary is really high..

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be honest, it will be high i think
The past papers were much harder then this one, and the grade boundaries for them were already relatively high. So we might have done well, but fingers crossed other people did not
hi, how did you find the physics exam?
The past papers were much harder then this one, and the grade boundaries for them were already relatively high. So we might have done well, but fingers crossed other people did not

i though it was quite easy aswell, but to be honest i didnt really like the last essay topics :/ but i think i got like 80%
Reply 288

Posted from TSR Mobile

The French reading was easy compared to past papers we had done, i did get stuck on the question of tasse and the girl so i said it was false. The writing was very easy too, i did not revise for french but the questions were easy to understand and easy topics to answer, i chose the friend one but got stuck explaining about changing their personality.

I think the boundaries will be high

Is anyone doing the German??
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 289
I found the listening harder than the reading and writing, i feel that i got quite a low mark in the listening and speaking so im hoping my reading and writing will push my grade higher
Reply 290
Hey i'm doing them as well, add me :biggrin:
Hii im doing those subjects as well add me:smile:
Original post by halzmac
It was just the last two questions, the second last one ive pretty much got all the answers. In the last one i couldnt tell when the person had changed i was like who the hell is talking now ahahha... But I think i put cbac :smile:

That's what most people thought but I heard 'dinero' in B so I ended up with CBBC....... I'm not sure if it's right :/ but what did you put for what does she think about her acting ?
Any posts containing information about the Edexcel ICT practical between now and 4:30am saturday will be binned and the user will be warned.
Original post by Taffa
The French reading was easy compared to past papers we had done, i did get stuck on the question of tasse and the girl so i said it was false. The writing was very easy too, i did not revise for french but the questions were easy to understand and easy topics to answer, i chose the friend one but got stuck explaining about changing their personality.

I think the boundaries will be high

Is anyone doing the German??

Yeah, I agree, the grade boundaries will be high..... i somehow managed to do the whole paper in 35 minutes... maybe something is wrong with me but whatever....what writing task did you do? I did the third one about environment... but the page before the big comprehension what did you put for
A) What can children do with their parents? (I think I got this one wrong)
B) How long do children spend in front of a screen? ( I put more than three hours)
Original post by Taffa
I found the listening harder than the reading and writing, i feel that i got quite a low mark in the listening and speaking so im hoping my reading and writing will push my grade higher

Is the speaking definitely included in the overall mark ?
We've been told that Speaking isn't included in our overall mark :s-smilie:
Reply 297
Hi guys, anyone want to start an igsce edexcel geography thread. Send me a private message please if interested

hey pliz add me
Original post by hassan54890
ya i am practicing the past papers and sample assesments and i have a strong feeling that this time it might come.

If this comes up I swear I will just get up and leave the room. We've never ever been taught it :angry:
Original post by Taffa
The French reading was easy compared to past papers we had done, i did get stuck on the question of tasse and the girl so i said it was false.

Well, that's correct - a tasse is a cup whereas that particular fille clearly had un bol de fruits devant elle :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest