The Student Room Group

edexcel IGCSE 2013 may students

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by floco74
Can I be added please....

Just ask questions on what you need, regarding any of the subjects. I don't think any of us are being added to an actual group yet.
What text book is everybody using for the IGCSE Biology - on the Edexcel website the new book with the 2011 syllabus isn't available to order - I can only seem to find the old 2009 ones.

Any ideas?
Reply 42
Original post by she-theFaceICan'tForget
What text book is everybody using for the IGCSE Biology - on the Edexcel website the new book with the 2011 syllabus isn't available to order - I can only seem to find the old 2009 ones.

Any ideas?

I have the old text book that my school gave, but another really good one would be Collins student book for Edexcel Internation GCSE biology that is endorsed by Edexcel. I think this book is great, really helpful and they have a bunch of questions after each topic too.
we have the LONGMAN BIOLOGY text book endorsed by Edexcel. It is almost exactly like the Original Edexcel Biology Textbook and it is very informative and perfect to revise from for IGCSE exams.
Original post by she-theFaceICan'tForget

Any ideas?

Yoo .. U only need a textbook for biology so long as it matches the stuff mentioned in the spec. The book our school has given us is exactly the same as the edexcel one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Could someone kindly PM the mark scheme for Chemistry paper 2 January 2013??
Reply 46
Original post by darsan9
just wondering all the people doing the pople doing the may papers for the folowing subjects.we could make a group on it
-maths
-english
-french
-chemistry
-biology
-physics
-futhur pure mathematics
-ICT

PM me if you wanna join the group and discuss about the papers.:smile::biggrin:

pls note that even these will be moderated by the student rooms (if im not mistaken)
and will only be discussing the most probable questions
(and other things...)

I will be doing them and a few more so i like to join:smile:
I hope to join your group soon.:banana2:
Reply 47
Hi,
Is anyone working through the sample assessment material that comes with the science double award 2011 specification (4SCO - for exams 2013 onwards)? If so, can anyone help with a minor query on the biology one.

On pg 6, q3 a asks for a measurement in cms using the diagram provided; no matter how many times I try I keep getting a different measurement to the one provided in the answers , in fact I'm at least 1/2 a cm out on all the measurements (even the ones provided for comparison) , is it me or is the material wrong!!!

It's only worth 1 mark, and I know I should just move on and leave it, but a marks a mark and I dont want to throw any away.....

Thanks
Reply 48
Original post by parasagarwal01
Yaww everybody I have really good news. I have successfully managed to create the poll. The link is http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2328158
This is regarding the likeliest anthologies you think may come up for English Language A. Paper 1.

Please think properly and vote (no offense) :smile:

Cheers :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

did everyone get the clearer version of the diagram from the 'Climate Change: the facts' piece? also its highly unlikely to be 'your guide to beach safety' because that was in the january paper
Original post by ibbi1824
did everyone get the clearer version of the diagram from the 'Climate Change: the facts' piece? also its highly unlikely to be 'your guide to beach safety' because that was in the january paper

what do you mean by a "clearer version of the diagram". Isnt it in the edexcel igcse english language A textbook ? :smile:
Original post by floco74
Hi,
Is anyone working through the sample assessment material that comes with the science double award 2011 specification (4SCO - for exams 2013 onwards)? If so, can anyone help with a minor query on the biology one.

On pg 6, q3 a asks for a measurement in cms using the diagram provided; no matter how many times I try I keep getting a different measurement to the one provided in the answers , in fact I'm at least 1/2 a cm out on all the measurements (even the ones provided for comparison) , is it me or is the material wrong!!!

It's only worth 1 mark, and I know I should just move on and leave it, but a marks a mark and I dont want to throw any away.....

Thanks

I imagine this is the beetle question. I got the right measurements. Your printer must be sizing documents up or down slightly, I wouldn't worry about it. :smile:
is there anyone who is doing the Edexcel IGCSE ICT Practical Paper? Which areas do you think they might test? Do you expect video editing to come up?
Reply 52
I was checking throught the latest English Specifcation and I found Climate Change: GreenPeace thats a new anthology, does anyone have notes for it? They might shock us by bringing that one.
Original post by aadit999
I was checking throught the latest English Specifcation and I found Climate Change: GreenPeace thats a new anthology, does anyone have notes for it? They might shock us by bringing that one.

If they shock us then we will get shocked :biggrin: lol..I am trying to look for the notes as well :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by parasagarwal01
is there anyone who is doing the Edexcel IGCSE ICT Practical Paper? Which areas do you think they might test? Do you expect video editing to come up?

ya i am practicing the past papers and sample assesments and i have a strong feeling that this time it might come.
Original post by hassan54890
ya i am practicing the past papers and sample assesments and i have a strong feeling that this time it might come.

Okay so do you have any website in mind to learn the video editing stuff required for igcse level ict practical exam. Has video editing been tested before?

Pls post some useful links for video editing
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh and yes. Has anyone's school mentioned to them about a new anthology. Climate Change. It's a new one as a website. In my recent post i have posted the link for The linguistics techniques for the new anthology. Just revise them just in case it comes up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Again. Please vote for the English language A anthology you expect to come up. I have provided the link in one of my previous posts

Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing Igcse English language B. anyone else doing the same??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest