Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Michael Gove wants to remove climate change from the curriculum Watch

ReputationRep:
    I personally think this is absolutely ridiculous.

thoughts?

If you agree feel free to let him know what a stupid idea you think it is through this site:

http://peopleandplanet.org/teach-climate

ReputationRep:
    Stupid move by Gove. Looks like he's taking lessons from the Republican party.

ReputationRep:
    I'm appalled!

But we should merge the subject with R.E where it belongs.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, that is an idiotic move from Gove. I'd rather he would go with the Modernist Ecologist angle at least. I feel sorry for future generations if he's going to pull things out of his arse like this.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be happy if it was replaced with politics. If you dont study politics and policies of parties then you find yourself pretty gullible to whatever appeals to you on the surface
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I want Michael Gove removed from parliament. Infact I'd go one further and have him removed from the earth, jupiter can have him.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    It never ceases to astonish me how stupid Michael Gove can be.

However, I would like to ask for an original source to Gove stating that Climate Change should be removed from the curriculum, since the petition only states that he has said it without referring to what exactly was said.

ReputationRep:
    This guy has ****ed up the Education system.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with it. It can't be proved, therefore it's a stupid thing to teach. Same with religion.

ReputationRep:
    I've met him and he was a slimy creature!.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Has this guy been given cash in hand to ruin the education system?

He has made some outrageous decisions recently.

The guy always has his rose tints on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry Callahan)
    Agree with it. It can't be proved, therefore it's a stupid thing to teach. Same with religion.
    Just because something hasn't been proven, doesn't mean it shouldn't be taught. By teaching the theories, people can make up their own minds whether to believe in it or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ta1094)
    Just because something hasn't been proven, doesn't mean it shouldn't be taught. By teaching the theories, people can make up their own minds whether to believe in it or not.
    People can make up their own minds without being taught it. It's a waste of curriculum space and the slots could be used far more wisely.

ReputationRep:
    He is just a rambling idiot who is incredibly out-of-touch. We can't let these people back into power in 2015!

ReputationRep:
    The Tory Right have been campaigning for this for ages - it used to come up in Iain Dale's Diary about 5/6 years ago and at that time they were a lone voice - now they have a tame Minister and a permissive, lazy party leader who is going to let Gove do as he pleases.

I don't really believe they will get away with this (is Clegg really going to lie down and let it go through?) but you never know.

It does expose the true face of the Tory administration - this is NOT a centrist government, they are a bunch of headbanging ideologists of the far-right, very similar to the US Christian Fundamentalist Right in the US.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan-James)
    I'd be happy if it was replaced with politics. If you dont study politics and policies of parties then you find yourself pretty gullible to whatever appeals to you on the surface
    thats exactly why its not mandatory

ReputationRep:
    Neither can the Big Bang Theory.

Just sayin'.

ReputationRep:
    People can make up their own minds without being taught it. It's a waste of curriculum space and the slots could be used far more wisely.
    I'm afraid there's really nothing for people to 'make up their own minds'. For your point about proof: none of science can be categorically proven, but what what makes science science is that it is based on evidence. And that's what climate change has going for it too, hence the majority of people that are experts about the subject know it is a real issue that needs to be tackled urgently. To withhold this from the people that will have to sort this out in the future seems counter-productive to say the least.

Anyway, what exactly do you think should be taught instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan-James)
    I think both should be taught, there is no-where near enough political education for schoolkids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3 Phase Duck)
    I want Michael Gove removed from parliament. Infact I'd go one further and have him removed from the earth, jupiter can have him.
    Please send him that message via the link :P

Poll
Which pet is the best?
General election 2017 on TSR
Register to vote

Registering to vote?

Check out our guide for everything you need to know

Manifesto snapshots

Manifesto Snapshots

All you need to know about the 2017 party manifestos

Party Leader questions

Party Leader Q&A

Ask political party leaders your questions

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.