The Student Room Group

I think I have made a major UCAS error.

This is going to sound completely and utterly stupid but I was looking over my Application in Track today and it seems I completely forgot to put down General Studies on my application. I already have offers but my General Studies mark is a crucial part of getting those requirements. Should I try to call up UCAS to sort this out and get my grade down or will the General Studies marks be part of the results sent to the admissions tutors in August anyway?
Original post by RockfortPrisoner
This is going to sound completely and utterly stupid but I was looking over my Application in Track today and it seems I completely forgot to put down General Studies on my application. I already have offers but my General Studies mark is a crucial part of getting those requirements. Should I try to call up UCAS to sort this out and get my grade down or will the General Studies marks be part of the results sent to the admissions tutors in August anyway?

It's not completely stupid! Very easily done...one of my friends forgot to put all of their GCSEs down. Oops. I would give UCAS a ring and see what they say. If you were expecting general studies to be part of your offer, have the Uni's given you a reduced offer, or is it too high for you to meet at the moment?
Call UCAS and you can get it added to your application, and they'll very likely tell you that you also need to contact the unis you applied to individually to inform them :smile:
Just ring up and explain, admin errors happen all the time - you won't be unduly punished for an accident :smile:
Thanks all of you. I'll go to ring them up now. :smile:

Original post by beanstalkgirl_24
It's not completely stupid! Very easily done...one of my friends forgot to put all of their GCSEs down. Oops. I would give UCAS a ring and see what they say. If you were expecting general studies to be part of your offer, have the Uni's given you a reduced offer, or is it too high for you to meet at the moment?

I think one uni has given me a reduced offer but without my general studies mark I can't reach the place where I want to go.
Original post by RockfortPrisoner
Thanks all of you. I'll go to ring them up now. :smile:

I think one uni has given me a reduced offer but without my general studies mark I can't reach the place where I want to go.

Ahh ok :smile: Well, best of luck whatever happens! Hopefully the Uni in question will be sympathetic!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending