Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey.
    Started gym about 6 months ago to try and put on muscle. Always been very fit cycling a lot but very skinny after all the endurance stuff i had been doing. At time weighed 9 st 4. I now weigh 10 st 4 and have much more upper body muscle which am very pleased about with body fat only 5%. Honestly i have almost no fat on me at all!
    Question is do you think my diet is holding me back. I eat a lot of chicken, tuna, fish, salad, skimmed milk, vegetables, fruit and quark before bed. However i eat about 300 to 500g of peanut butter per day! This is the healthy Holland and barrett kind nothing added or taken away. I know that is an awful lot of fat, mostly the good unsaturated but is this bad health wise or limiting my gains? I eat virtually no carbs and suppose make up for this with the stupid amounts of peanut butter.
    Think i started doing this after hearing it was good for gaining weight but found i bloody love the stuff! Surprised that despite eating so much of it i haven't increased my body fat, just lean muscle.
    Should i consider changing diet to improve gains

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh and i eat it out of the jar by itself! Its the meridian peanut butter

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You will be fine....I eat a lot but tend to put it on toast and have lots of nutella with it as well. If you're happy with how you're progressing just keep at it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McHumpy92)
    You will be fine....I eat a lot but tend to put it on toast and have lots of nutella with it as well. If you're happy with how you're progressing just keep at it.
    Nutella and peanut butter :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Can eating a large amount of fats compensate for a lack of carbs in diet for providing energy for a gym workout?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How on earth do you manage to fit that in ? The jars I buy are 500g each ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegreenchildren)
    How on earth do you manage to fit that in ? The jars I buy are 500g each ?
    It's all about the 1kg tubs

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pag...17&prodid=3133

ReputationRep:
    Too much of anything is generally a bad idea. It does sound like you're eating a lot of peanut butter...I would try and vary my fat sources a bit just to be on the safe side.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is bull****. You claim to have put on a stone of purely lean mass in 6 months and then worry that something is holding you back... what did you expect? Two stone?

I reckon that your diet could only benefit from more carbs. Half a kilo of peanut butter a day is pretty excessive and would make most people puke their guts up.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.