Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

Ive just received a conditional offer for a Psychology MSc at Glasgow starting in September 2013. I have been considering the different accommodation options and would like to get my own place near to the uni instead of going back into halls. From doing a bit of research it seems that it is a lot cheaper to rent a 2 bedroom house/flat than getting a place on my own, and it would be nice to have some company! I am looking at all the areas near the uni; Partick, Hyndland and Hillhead seem to be the best. My maximum budget would be £550 per person per month and I am looking to live with another girl who is also doing a postgraduate degree at Glasgow. If there is anyone who is interested let me know

Bekki

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,
    I've got a conditional offer for MSc Psychological Studies too
    I don't fancy halls either, was hoping to find somewhere a good distance from both the uni and the city centre to share with one or two other people. Unsure of my budget as of yet but it might be closer to the 400 mark from what it seems at the moment. From looking on spareroom.com that seems quite doable as the rent is pretty cheap in a lot of places! Though I've never lived in Glasgow before so no real idea until I properly look.
    Are you doing an undergraduate degree at the moment? I'm finishing mine in the next couple of months and have got an insane amount of work to get through so was thinking of waiting until June really to sort something out. Not sure what your timing plans are?
    Laura
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I'm not looking for a flatmate, but a budget of £550 just for your own rent...you're majorly ripping yourself off. The average rent for a 2 bed flat in the West End is about £600-650 per month. £550 a month would get you your own 1 bed flat, probably with some money left over too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauraHancox)
    Hiya,
    I've got a conditional offer for MSc Psychological Studies too
    I don't fancy halls either, was hoping to find somewhere a good distance from both the uni and the city centre to share with one or two other people. Unsure of my budget as of yet but it might be closer to the 400 mark from what it seems at the moment. From looking on spareroom.com that seems quite doable as the rent is pretty cheap in a lot of places! Though I've never lived in Glasgow before so no real idea until I properly look.
    Are you doing an undergraduate degree at the moment? I'm finishing mine in the next couple of months and have got an insane amount of work to get through so was thinking of waiting until June really to sort something out. Not sure what your timing plans are?
    Laura
    Hey Laura,

If you want, you could add me on facebook, will be a bit easier to talk on there. My full name's Bekki Adam and I'm at Newcastle Uni.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I'll be starting a PhD within the psychology department in Sept (I'm doing an MSc at Nottingham Uni at the moment). I'm slowly starting to look into accommodation options, and was also hoping to share a flat/house with a couple of people, preferably somewhere as close to the uni as possible. My budget is a bit more limited though, I was aiming to find something at around £300 per month maybe? Anyway, I'd be more than happy to chat if you think that might work for you

cheers!
    Sabina

ReputationRep:
    Hi Sabina,

Wow congratulations on getting a PhD place! What area of psychology is it in?
    I'm waiting to make any proper decisions about accommodation until I hear back about my degree result in June, just so I know I've got a place secured. Perhaps we could see how everyone's arrangements fit together then?

In the mean time feel free to add me on Facebook if you like and could chat more about vague plans, might be easier on there Listed as Laura Jane Hancox, in the New College, Oxford network xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hi bekki,
    iam an Egyptian consultant orthopaedic surgeon and Iam planing to visit glasgow in June for 9 days to do some work at the hospital I have been trained there before . I was looking for a bed rent with a flat mate over this period as availability in hotels with reasonable price is very restricted. I read your previous post here and thought you may know someone who is happy to have a flat mate over this period and get money to help in paying rent.
    Regards,
    mohamed

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 4, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.