Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Is it really bad to do romantic or sweet things early? Watch

Is it not good to feel things early?

How do I show someone I'm not just checking them out, that I think they are a bit special?

Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on your intended target. Say for example on my first date with my boyfriend of now 2 years we kissed ONCE and he declared he loved me Ted Mosby style.

I'm a pretty romantic gal but that freaked me out. It's knowing where to step back and not being too full on. It's really just knowing your lady/gent's preferences.

ReputationRep:
    No, think of how many people buy flowers for first dates or have a romantic meal planned.

Yeah, but I barely know her.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the girl, personally I'd hate it but it makes a ridiculous number of girls go all gooey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah, but I barely know her.
    Maybe you should try to get to know her before making any overt romantic gestures. Take a interest in her interests, Then when the time comes for romance you'll be right on the money.

ReputationRep:
    Define early. I had known a girl for about a month, and though we weren't close, I decided to make a gesture.

This involved baking Nutella cupcakes and dropping them off on her doorstep at night, since I was so inept it took me hours to make them. I still don't know whether she liked them or at least appreciated the gesture since I went through a rough patch and we stopped talking for a while... D:

Are anonymous admirer things bad? Creepy?

(Original post by Flibble22)
    Define early. I had known a girl for about a month, and though we weren't close, I decided to make a gesture.

This involved baking Nutella cupcakes and dropping them off on her doorstep at night, since I was so inept it took me hours to make them. I still don't know whether she liked them or at least appreciated the gesture since I went through a rough patch and we stopped talking for a while... D:
    Cooking for someone is nice.

ReputationRep:
    Is it not good to feel things early?

How do I show someone I'm not just checking them out, that I think they are a bit special?
    Simply spend some time to care about the one you love. Do something small, meaningful and caring. Actions speaks louder than words. And make sure you progress slowly, bit by bit, or else your reactions might scared her if your leapse are too big. Good luck !

(Original post by sarah_brandner)
    Simply spend some time to care about the one you love. Do something small, meaningful and caring. Actions speaks louder than words. And make sure you progress slowly, bit by bit, or else your reactions might scared her if your leapse are too big. Good luck !
    We only talked once, though it was more meaningful somehow than a million talks with others.

ReputationRep:
    We only talked once, though it was more meaningful somehow than a million talks with others.
    This is called "LOVE" haha :p:)

You're so in love babe

Or a couple times. God, I know you get chastised but I just beleive in not lying about instincts and dreams etc

(Original post by sarah_brandner)
    This is called "LOVE" haha :p:)

You're so in love babe
    What!? aA non cynical response, you believe me. Thanks. God hope she felt something.

ReputationRep:
    If you have only talked once, it is better to figure out a way to get to talk to her again than risk scaring her with some big crazy gesture. I don't mean follow her around, I mean suggest going somewhere together, or sit with her at lunch; I don't really know your situation.

(Original post by milienhaus)
    If you have only talked once, it is better to figure out a way to get to talk to her again than risk scaring her with some big crazy gesture. I don't mean follow her around, I mean suggest going somewhere together, or sit with her at lunch; I don't really know your situation.
    Yeah. Thankyou. Oh, I'm in no rush. I just think she's has something special.

(Original post by milienhaus)
    The situation is she amd I may be aloof/shy, and it's hard to see her enough unless I was to stalk. There's an added complication today because I think she may work over the road from my folks.

ReputationRep:
    Some girls seem to prefer the sweet stuff to never be said outright and it to almost all be jokes and one-upping each other more like best mates. Others adore you whispering sweet nothings in their ear all the time. I can see it working both ways depending on how comfortable/genuine you feel with being intimate. The person I'm seeing at the moment is definitely the latter but as ever, different strokes for different folks mate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    Depends on the girl, personally I'd hate it but it makes a ridiculous number of girls go all gooey
    So what would you want a man to do for you?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.