Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now
    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    ...when my financial situation is not that great?
    I have a part time job, but I only earn about 450 pounds per month. I don't get a student loan as I am a postgraduate student.
    I am not really looking for a full house to myself, but more a flatshare scheme.
    The dilemma? I work in London, yet study in Surrey! I don't have to think about uni now, as it is the summer term and I don't have classes anymore. But the problem will re-surface comes end of september 2013.

    What do I do?

    I will be paid at the end of the month (next week).

    I have not told my parents about it, but they will go mad as it is not culturally accepted for kids to move out.

    I would try zoopla and citylinks etc...possibly even gumtree as they tend to show more house/flat shares. Good luck.


    There are rooms of all types on here. I'm planning on using it for next year when I start my job!

    Good luck!
Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2013
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.