Biology-B
    Chemistry-B
    Physics-C
    Geography-D
    RE-D
    ICT-C
    German-C
    Business Studies-C

On my retakes I've decided not to retake ICT as I didn't enjoy it, instead I've decided to take Sociology.

Now my question is IF I was to gain 10A*s 1A in my GCSE Retakes, would I still HAVE to declaire my C grade in ICT on my UCAS Application even though I replaced it for Sociology

RESIT GRADES
    English Lit- A*
    English Lang-A*
    Maths-A*
    Biology-A*
    Chemistry-A*
    Physics-A*
    Geography-A*
    RE-A*
    SOCIOLOGY-A* (Replaced for ICT)
    German- A*
    Business Studies-A

ReputationRep:
    Why do you care about you GCSE's so much? They want UCAS points or A-Level results?

ReputationRep:
    No don't put it put your new grades with you new year you took them then leave it I would not bother I did resits and did this got into a great uni !

ReputationRep:
    I think you're supposed to but uh... i'm sure you wouldn't be the first one to "forget" a GCSE grade on your application

On the other hand, I doubt a university would really care. It's 1 GCSE grade, no biggie

ReputationRep:
    they are more likely to care that you are retaking a whole year just to do gcse's

ReputationRep:
    You have to put down all of your grades. If they find out that you lied they could eject you straight out or withdraw any offers made. You have to put down all your grades. Don't bother resitting your gcses just put more effort in at AS and A2. Unis want A-Level grades and unless you're applying for something extremely competitive like Medicine it's unlikely to affect you. If you are applying for Medicine I still wouldn't resit as most medical schools like grades to be obtained at one sitting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie1996)
    I'm retaking a year of my GCSES as I did not obtain the grades I wanted
    (ORIGINAL GRADES)
    English Lit-C
    English Lang-C
    Maths-C
    Biology-B
    Chemistry-B
    Physics-C
    Geography-D
    RE-D
    ICT-C
    German-C
    Business Studies-C

On my retakes I've decided not to retake ICT as I didn't enjoy it, instead I've decided to take Sociology.

Now my question is IF I was to gain 10A*s 1A in my GCSE Retakes, would I still HAVE to declaire my C grade in ICT on my UCAS Application even though I replaced it for Sociology

RESIT GRADES
    English Lit- A*
    English Lang-A*
    Maths-A*
    Biology-A*
    Chemistry-A*
    Physics-A*
    Geography-A*
    RE-A*
    SOCIOLOGY-A* (Replaced for ICT)
    German- A*
    Business Studies-A
    You're not going to get 10 A*s after several Cs and Ds..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure whether you'll be able to go from Cs to A*s & As. Also, some universities probably won't like the fact you're taking an extra year to do your GCSEs. Look into where you want to go.

ReputationRep:
    If you miss out a grade on your UCAS application on purpose, this will reflect badly, even resulting in punishment for dishonesty. You need to put everything that you have currently, even resists and originals. Phone up UCAS if you have any questons/

ReputationRep:
    Seriously don't put them on!!! Regardless of what people say why show the uni you couldn't do as well the first time makes no sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel26)
    Seriously don't put them on!!! Regardless of what people say why show the uni you couldn't do as well the first time makes no sense
    Because it is compulsory to declare every single grade you've obtained.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.