Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martallu)
    hahahahhahahaha wohoo!!! thats great! we could live together then! hahaha
    Yeh sure!! Why Portsmouth anyway if you're Spanish?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AidanJGR_16)
    Yeh sure!! Why Portsmouth anyway if you're Spanish?
    Cause I wanted to study in the UK and I found Portsmouth a nice place, but Im scared I wont have a place in halls... Still hope I get nice housmates and find a great house hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcdermie)
    If Portsmouth is my insurance do I still need to choose accommodation?
    to get uni halls you need it as a first choice. If its insurance you might need to check local housing.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone (female) looking for accommodation? I'm looking at private halls which are hell of a lot cheaper and nicer! I want to share a 'flat' or 'double room' which is shared kitchen/bathroom with separate rooms for £65 a week!

http://www.unilife.co.uk/locations/p...ation/stjames/

It's a really good deal as it's in the center of portsmouth right next to university, cheaper and don't need to share with 6 others!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annuhlees)
    Is anyone (female) looking for accommodation? I'm looking at private halls which are hell of a lot cheaper and nicer! I want to share a 'flat' or 'double room' which is shared kitchen/bathroom with separate rooms for £65 a week!

http://www.unilife.co.uk/locations/p...ation/stjames/

It's a really good deal as it's in the center of portsmouth right next to university, cheaper and don't need to share with 6 others!
    Hi, I am interested in this option. I just had a look at the link and I really like the rooms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martallu)
    Cause I wanted to study in the UK and I found Portsmouth a nice place, but Im scared I wont have a place in halls... Still hope I get nice housmates and find a great house hahaha

Martallu all international first year students are guaranteed a spot in halls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Canadaa)
    Martallu all international first year students are guaranteed a spot in halls.
    I know but Im not international.....Im EU!! Hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Ohh sorry I just see the part that said (non EU)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Canadaa)
    Ohh sorry I just see the part that said (non EU)
    Don't worry! Are you surely going to Portsmouth?

ReputationRep:
    Im rooting for Rees! I checked out it out when I went on tour at Portsmouth, and it just spoke to me. I dont feel like sharing a bathroom or risking having someone steal my food in the kitchen. Plus, I really love British food, so having someone make it for me twice a day is just too good to pass up Still hope there is some American food in the hall's neighborhood!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCarroll86)
    Im rooting for Rees! I checked out it out when I went on tour at Portsmouth, and it just spoke to me. I dont feel like sharing a bathroom or risking having someone steal my food in the kitchen. Plus, I really love British food, so having someone make it for me twice a day is just too good to pass up Still hope there is some American food in the hall's neighborhood!
    Just out of curiousity, where you from in America and what made you choose to study in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know when we hear back about accommodation? Apparently you need to pay the deposit for the first term in June/July

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phoenix Boom)
    Anyone know when we hear back about accommodation? Apparently you need to pay the deposit for the first term in June/July

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It says on my accommodation pack that students hear which halls they have been allocated "by the end of July onwards"
    From what I can see you pay the deposit to secure your room on receipt of it being offered to you.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whitley)
    Just out of curiousity, where you from in America and what made you choose to study in the UK?
    Im from California. Well, its actually cheaper for me to study in the UK than it is here at home in California. The expenses are ridiculous, so it is slightly less for me to study over there. Not to mention it will be nice to actually have health insurance for a change (too expensive here so I cant afford it). Also, the state is so overcrowded that entry into universities is extremely competitive. For example, one of my "local" universities had 14,000 applicants last year, and only took in 2,000 of those applicants. I had a friend who had a good GPA who was denied simply because there wasnt enough room.

Other than that, most of the universities dont have the program that I wanted. The UK seemed like the best option for me since I love being there and would get a better education there.

ReputationRep:
    I've been a student for a year and I've visited every halls other than Rees and Trust Hall(langstone).

I would recommend Margaret Rule or Trafalger, and recommend against Langstone and James Watson.

ReputationRep:
    I would only be against James Watson hall because of the curtain walls allowing a draft in mainly during the winter or when its windy and cold and also there were many fire alarms, most were in the lift lobbies so it is difficult to determine who set it off. On another note, security is really bad when it comes to managing the fire alarms, it's as if they don't care or they have nothing else to do.

Really hope i get in Rees Hall, just 3 more weeks left until I hear from the university as will many other people and their respective choices of halls.

ReputationRep:
    Trafalgar 246

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StringerBell9)
    I've been a student for a year and I've visited every halls other than Rees and Trust Hall(langstone).

I would recommend Margaret Rule or Trafalger, and recommend against Langstone and James Watson.

Hi, I`m going to apply for one. So just for curious why would you recommend Margaret Rule or Trafalger and recommend against Langstone and James Watson, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss,lauren)
    Hi, I`m going to apply for one. So just for curious why would you recommend Margaret Rule or Trafalger and recommend against Langstone and James Watson, thanks
    If you're applying for Sept 2013 entry then you've missed the chance and will have to find private. Unless you're being very prepared for 2014 entry ;-)

ReputationRep:
    I got into james watson has anyone else got there accommodation yet? im in jw A-9-1-3

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.