Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

I was wondering what is the likelihood of me getting a place on the Msc Investment Management course at City Business school for the year 2014/15? I am in my final year at the University of Southampton studying Mathematics with Actuarial Science and am likely to graduate with a mid 2:1. As of present I have had a 10 week internship at Siemens in the Pensions Technical Department. I am looking to do a year worth of internships to further add to my work experience and am hopeful that I can get 2 - 3 more internships under my belt before the commencement of my masters degree next year. What are your thoughts on my chances?

Also, what other ways could I better my chances of ensuring a place on this course? I intend to complete GMAT as this seems to be a requirement set by CASS for some of their masters.

Any help would be very much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Hi mate,

Pretty good I would say but depends what you score in GMAT. As long as its mid/high 600s and you've got a few things on your CV it should be fine.

What do you think about the fees? I've just paid the £2000 deposit.

ReputationRep:
    Hello Shaun

I graduated from Southampton Solent University with a 1st in Business Management and applied for the MSc in Finance at Cass, with MSc Investment Management as my 2nd choice for 2014/5 entry.

I received an offer for the MSc Investment Management programme with minor conditions, provide real transcript and 1 more confidential reference, for example. Besides a 1st I have internship experience as a financial analyst at Paramount Pictures during my penultimate year. However I must stress that my personal statement (in my opinion) was world class.

I would like to highlight that I did not take the GMAT and was not instructed to take one by CASS in lieu with a conditional offer!

So I can only suggest that your chances are high!

Good luck with your application and if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Regards

Chibman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robcallum)
    Hi mate,

Pretty good I would say but depends what you score in GMAT. As long as its mid/high 600s and you've got a few things on your CV it should be fine.

What do you think about the fees? I've just paid the £2000 deposit.
    Have you confirmed your place on the MSc Investment management programme at CASS?

I have received an offer and I am currently evaluating two offers from CASS and QMUL.

Did you have any other offers to consider or just CASS?

Rgds

Chibman

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.