Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello, i was wondering if any of you guys could tell me which university course would be best suited to me. I had originally applied for BA at Manchester but am confident I will get the grades for the bsc. And i have applied for the Bsc at nottingham.

From visiting manchester I have gathered its strengths seem to be
    flexibility of the course
    Great city with good nightlife
    Quite a few hours with teachers
    And weaknesses seem to be
    Poor ranking on league table(if that is tangible)
    Is it still a reputable degree, why are the student satisfaction ratings so low, i have emailed them but they didn't reply lol.

I haven't had the chance to visit newcastle but it seems like ( based on league tables, which i question the reliability of) the course is more favoured by students and has a higher employability. And also seems like a good city. But is the nightlife as good as manchester.

My A-levels are
    Maths ( achieved a B)
    Economics and Business ( achieved an A)
    Accounting ( i know doss doss, but i got offers so ) ( i have an A in AS and on track for an A* )

I like both courses, but have a interest in the use of matlab to create trading algorithms and high frequency trading. Not sure which would be best for that.

Cheers frank

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile dont go to newcastle its so overrated as a uni an the teachers are rubbish. City is alright but Manchesteris better

ReputationRep:
    Okay cheers mate for advice

ReputationRep:
    I would say manchester aswell personally

ReputationRep:
    Thanks man what course are you doing?

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.