Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Heya guys,

I just made one of the most biggest decisions of my life which was choosing my university choices.

I had actually had to change mine because my mum literally forced me to go to the university of bath. So I sent off my ucas with bath as my firm and reading as my insurance. But I love medway school of pharmacy. So to make a super long story short, I managed to change my choices and chose medway as my firm choice and reading as my insurance.

I only did this from the perspective that I had from the interview. I chose medway because the professor that inTerviewed me was really kind and gave me a strong positive impression of medway. He told me that due to it being a small school, there is a much closer bond between the professors and the students. I also felt that medway's course would be more relaxed than compared to other universities. But now that I saw what other peole have said online about medway, I am actually sort of thinking did I make a right choice?
    Ill tell u a little about me; first, I have a condition called achondroplasia, in other words, I have dwarfism. So, I have absolutely no confidence, I am very shy! But, i do like to make friends, I do like to go out, but not too much. I am a person who at 18 yrs old does not know how to ride a bus or drive a car, but I am eager to learn.

What I am trying to say is is Kent as bad as what people depict as it is or is it a good city?

Pls guys try to give me some long good answers
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaphrax)
    Heya guys,

I just made one of the most biggest decisions of my life which was choosing my university choices.

I had actually had to change mine because my mum literally forced me to go to the university of bath. So I sent off my ucas with bath as my firm and reading as my insurance. But I love medway school of pharmacy. So to make a super long story short, I managed to change my choices and chose medway as my firm choice and reading as my insurance.

I only did this from the perspective that I had from the interview. I chose medway because the professor that inTerviewed me was really kind and gave me a strong positive impression of medway. He told me that due to it being a small school, there is a much closer bond between the professors and the students. I also felt that medway's course would be more relaxed than compared to other universities. But now that I saw what other peole have said online about medway, I am actually sort of thinking did I make a right choice?
    Ill tell u a little about me; first, I have a condition called achondroplasia, in other words, I have dwarfism. So, I have absolutely no confidence, I am very shy! But, i do like to make friends, I do like to go out, but not too much. I am a person who at 18 yrs old does not know how to ride a bus or drive a car, but I am eager to learn.

What I am trying to say is is Kent as bad as what people depict as it is or is it a good city?
    Not trying to put you off, but in Medway, the main shops aren't near the campus.

I got a friend who graduated from there with an English degree. She said that you need to rely on some sort of transport for the restaurants and shops

No worries though, I'm sure you will meet people who want to make friends

I've put Reading as my firm for pharmacy

ReputationRep:
    I don't much about the uni but I live in Medway. There are some smaller shops opposite the campus ( 5 min walk across a big road) like clairs BK, nike, the range cadburys choice etc as well as odeon, nandos pizza hut and other restaurants. the main shopping centre is like a 10-15 min walk ar a quick ride on the shuttle bus. ther are bigger shops like debenhams, primark, new look, select mc donalds, kfc and nearly every bank

ReputationRep:
    I live in Kent and I'm hoping to medway come September and I don't know why it gets such bad press but it is not as bad as people say. In terms of nightlife it may not be all that great but students get a free bus to cantebury which has good nightlife so it's alright. People are friendly and things are relatively cheap. Don't worry you made a good decision

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.