Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hiya guys, Ive been lucky enough to get a conditional offer from both Leeds and Newcastle University for Dentistry but I'm totally lost as to which to firm!
    Leeds have amazing facilities and of course offer a masters aswell (which Im not sure actually affects employment prospects etc) but the city of Newcastle is so beautiful! and the interview was actually enjoyable. (Of course there are more reasons for me liking both universities)

I would be grateful to hear opinions on both cities and universities! Being from London I haven't been to either city as much as I'd like to.

Thanks for reading

ReputationRep:
    I hope to apply for both this year

Newcastle appeals more to be, but that's just my opinion.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrMarten)
    Hiya guys, Ive been lucky enough to get a conditional offer from both Leeds and Newcastle University for Dentistry but I'm totally lost as to which to firm!
    Leeds have amazing facilities and of course offer a masters aswell (which Im not sure actually affects employment prospects etc) but the city of Newcastle is so beautiful! and the interview was actually enjoyable. (Of course there are more reasons for me liking both universities)

I would be grateful to hear opinions on both cities and universities! Being from London I haven't been to either city as much as I'd like to.

Thanks for reading
    Hi, I'm a current dental student at Newcastle. If you have any specific questions about the course or the city feel free to PM me

ReputationRep:
    I think newcastle is a better city - its really compact and exciting and the nightlife is amazing! However, leeds is also a big studenty city and is a lot bigger if you prefer that, and has a more cosmopolitan feel. Overall, newcastle as a city seems to have more 'personality' if that makes sense

I think the course at leeds is so much better though - newcastle is completely traditional and you may prefer that but on the whole its not thought to be as good a way of learning. Leeds is very integrated and has early clinical experience which I think is a massive plus.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, anyone confirming newcastle for september? message me id like to hear about your interview etc

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.